The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inching through Illsbruic - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Inching through Illsbruic - 119 4A - Page 4 Empty Re: Inching through Illsbruic - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Fri May 15, 2015 11:38 pm

What does one say to a comment like that, Lin certainly didn't know, but she knew they couldn't leave without Lashrael, not when she didn't know what to do with her life now. It sounded like there no longer was anyone in her life.

"If you want..." Lin offered hesitantly, "You can stay with us until you decide what you want to go on from here."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Inching through Illsbruic - 119 4A - Page 4 Empty Re: Inching through Illsbruic - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Fri May 15, 2015 11:43 pm

Lashrael looked at Lin, and once more, her eyes were brimmed with tears. "That is the complicated part," she said in a strangled voice. "My fiance ... he bought me some time by forging papers to say that finding out what had happened was an assignment for me ... but eventually the only way we could keep up the charade was for him to tell the army that I was dead. I'm a deserter. I have no life here anymore. And if anyone were to find out what Jassin had done, he would be whipped at the very least ... and I would be executed as a traitor. And yet-"

Her voice broke, and she had to choke back a sob. "I have to find out where he is, if he's even still alive. He hasn't been here in nearly a century, and I can't return to look for him."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri May 15, 2015 11:57 pm

This was starting to sound like the beginning of another crazy adventure, and Lin wasn't sure if Kyrie was going to go along with it. Hell, Lin wasn't sure if she was going to go along with it, but she really didn't want to leave Lashrael here alone.

Not with the state Lashrael was in.

"Well..." Lin finally replied, "I can't promise anything, but at the very least, let us help you get back on your feet."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat May 16, 2015 12:08 am

Lashrael wiped away more tears and sniffled softly. "Thank you. I don't know what you can do, either, but thank you for the thought."

"You could come back with us," Wren suggested. "We've anything you might need. At the very least, you can wash in some warm water and have a few warm meals."

Lashrael didn't reply, but she did look as though she were seriously considering the idea.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat May 16, 2015 12:15 am

The sun was setting fast now, and the stars were beginning to come out.

"Or at least a warm bed...." she murmured.

Now that the sun was setting, it was cooling fast, since it wasn't as humid as one would think for a tropical location.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat May 16, 2015 12:24 am

Lashrael looked up at the sky and blinked slowly. Again, she said nothing, and she still appeared quite thoughtful; but at length she nodded once, then pushed herself to her feet.

"Thank you," she murmured again.

Wren stood as well, tucking the bento box under one arm. "This way," she said softly, motioning towards the tent with her free hand.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat May 16, 2015 12:42 am

Getting up and brushing herself off, Lin headed the way back to the tent. Feeling that Lashrael would rather follow when she felt comfortable than have them follow her.

She opened the tent flap for the other two.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat May 16, 2015 6:42 pm

Wren walked alongside Lin, occasionally glancing over her shoulder to glance at Lashrael and make sure she was still following. She was, at her own pace, and she was almost a minute behind the two when she finally arrived at the tent door. Wordlessly, she ducked under the flap and stepped inside.

When Wren followed her in, Lashrael had stopped short just inside the door, and Wren smiled and gently nudged her forward.

Kyrie was sitting in the living room with Daenis, and both of them smiled when the others entered.

"Welcome to our home," Kyrie told her warmly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat May 16, 2015 6:55 pm

Miyuki was scribbling something on a paper when her mother, Wren and Lashrael came in.

"Hi," she spoke up, "Welcome."

And then it occurred to her she should set up the extra room.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat May 16, 2015 7:00 pm

"Thank you," Lashrael said softly, her eyes moving constantly, taking everything in. "How ... this isn't possible, is it?"

She turned in a slow circle so that she wouldn't miss anything, and she set her jaw grimly. "It's certainly much better than how I've been living."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat May 16, 2015 7:09 pm

"Magic," Miyuki replied, "And a lot of work, but magic makes this possible."

She didn't want to add more otherwise she would never stop, and most people would get lost if she tried to explain. Getting up from her seat, the kitsune added.

"I'll go set up the extra room, and I think we have extra towels and blankets in storage."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat May 16, 2015 7:12 pm

Lashrael turned sharply and looked at Miyuki, her dark eyes filled with surprise.

"Is ... is that an invitation for me to travel with you?" she asked, puzzled. She could think of no other reason they would set up a room for her.

Wren glanced at Lin. Maybe they could help her out somehow.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat May 16, 2015 7:19 pm

Even if they couldn't help her find her love, they could at least give her a new life. Though they would try to find this person that Lashrael was looking for.

"Kyrie?" Lin asked, "Can we?"

Even though this was pretty normal for them after a while.

"We already have a room," Miyuki added to Kyrie.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat May 16, 2015 7:36 pm

Kyrie smiled. She had gotten quite used to the way these people worked by now, and she had no problem with them taking on an extra companion.

"What do you think, Lashrael?" she asked. "What's your destination?"

Lashrael looked thoughtful for a moment, and then she seemed to come to a decision. "Command Base Eth," she said firmly. "If there are answers to be found as to my fiance's whereabouts, they will be there."

"But I thought you can't go back," Wren exclaimed, surprised.

Lashrael looked at Wren, and there was a determination in her expression that had not been there since the group had met her. "I have to find him. If I don't, then there's no point in living."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat May 16, 2015 7:46 pm

Lin wasn't sure if that was a good idea, that would get Lashrael into trouble.

"I guess going there is very complicated?" Miyuki asked not aware that it could be a death sentence for Lashrael to go.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat May 16, 2015 7:58 pm

Lashrael took the time to once more explain her situation so that everyone understood what was going on.

"Jassin used to visit every year," she concluded, "and then about every ten years, when there was a break in the fighting. Then he came more often again, and then he stopped altogether. I don't know whether he's been killed or injured or whether the fighting has gotten worse again, or if he was found out for having forged documents from the High Commander and punished or ... anything."

She sighed. "The plan was that once I discovered what had happened to my family, we would be married and live somewhere ... somewhere obscure. The two of us. Start a family ... half a dozen kids ..." She smiled sadly at the idea that now seemed so far away.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat May 16, 2015 8:14 pm

Miyuki thought about it, it sounded like this would be hard. Yet, she did want to help, and she was sure the others felt the same.

"We could ask around instead," Miyuki replied slowly, "It wouldn't be safe for you to be seen.."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat May 16, 2015 8:31 pm

Lashrael looked around. "You have another Earth Elf in your group ... she would probably be able to get inside and ask questions without too many questions. But you are right, I would have to remain out of sight."

"Well, I say we do it," Kyrie said decisively. "What happened to your family was a tragedy, and you should not have to live without the man you love because of it. Even if both of you will have to leave the country. And I have the feeling that I can speak for everyone when I say, whether or not we find him, you and he are both welcome to come with us."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat May 16, 2015 8:35 pm

Lin nodded at this, they had over twenty people already, one or two more, really isn't going to make a difference in the long run.

Though she would have to wait until after they finished their trip to see if this was still true.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat May 16, 2015 9:01 pm

"In the meantime, why don't you take the opportunity to wash?" Kyrie suggested. "If you'd like, Lin or Wren could show you where and how it works, and Miyuki and I can get your room ready."

Lashrael nodded. "Thank you," she murmured. "I would like that."

"Do you need any clothes?" Wren asked. "You look about my height and build, you could wear some of mine if you like."

Lashrael considered the offer and nodded again. "Thank you," she said again. "It has been a long time since I've had proper clothing."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat May 16, 2015 9:13 pm

"I can show you to the washing room then," Lin replied, "While Wren grabs some clothes."

That way they wouldn't have to wait.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat May 16, 2015 9:16 pm

"Thank you," Lashrael nodded again.

Wren headed down the hall of bedrooms to get the clothes, and Kyrie and Miyuki headed off to prepare the bedroom.

Lashrael looked to Lin to lead the way for her to wash.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat May 16, 2015 10:13 pm

"This way," Lin motioned as she opened the hallway door.

She led Lashrael into where the washing rooms were. There were three washing rooms, one for bath and two for showers. Since baths were more of a luxury than it was to get clean.

"Would you like a bath, or would a shower be better?" Lin asked.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat May 16, 2015 10:18 pm

Lashrael looked evenly at Lin, and though there was no curiosity or hesitation in her voice or her expression, she asked, "What's a shower?"

She had never heard of a shower before, though she wouldn't have minded a bath. It had been a long time since she'd had a proper bath, too. For the past few centuries, her idea of washing had simply been going for a swim.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat May 16, 2015 10:23 pm

"Water falls from above, kind of like rain," Lin explained, "It's quicker than a bath, but gets you clean, but if you want a good soak..."

Since she figured it had been a while since Lashrael had either.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next