The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going through Gemia - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

Going through Gemia - 119 4A - Page 8 Empty Re: Going through Gemia - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:51 pm

"I'm a neko, like Shiro and Kaito, not an angel or a yokai, just a plain old neko with ears and a tail," Holly explained as she held her bonnet to her chest.

She supposed it would be hard to understand, why would a neko come out all the way here.

"Like them, I come from a world called Gaia, I was a student of textiles and in my last year of learning when I somehow ended up in this world, and in this country. I'm told, I fell through a tear, which I guess makes sense, it did feel like I was falling before I came here."

It was so long ago now, the fear she had felt was almost a distance memory.

"I hid because the first humans I ever met here were horrified of me and tried to attack me..."

She remembered her first group of humans, she thought they would be like Gaian humans.

"I know this might not be surprising to you, but it was to me. Back in Gaia there are many races, neko, angels, yokai, kitsunes, elves, dwarves.. humans... but we rarely fight with one another. In fact some of my peers were humans, so I was really confused. So I hid myself, I thought I would travel with a group of people to somewhere else, only to find traveling to other countries really rare here, so I stayed and made a life here the best I could but..."

She played with the bonnet in her hands and looked at Holly.

"Nekos are immortal like elves, and eventually someone would notice..."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:11 pm

Rose swallowed again and forced her fists open, but she had to do something with her hands, and so she ended up clasping them together and wringing them. She just didn't know what to do, how to take what Holly had just told her.

It certainly explained a lot. Like why Holly didn't look a day older than she had when Rose had first met her. Or why, in ten years, she had never, not even once, removed or even untied her bonnet in the presence of anyone at all, even her closest friends. Or why she had such different fashions from what had once been normal here. Or why, the night before, she hadn't asked what the various races were. Why she had so consistently rejected every advance from every male who had shown any interest in her at all.

Not that Rose could blame her on that score.

She took a deep breath to calm herself and wiped the tears from her eyes.

"And-" she began; but her voice was thick and bubbly, and she had to clear her throat before she could try again. "And ... you ..."

She really didn't know what to say.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:29 pm

"And I stayed here... for nearly ten years," Holly finished, "But I do need to go, and the chance to go back to Gaia appeals to me. I can't say I've been lonely, you've been a dear friend to me over the years, but I do miss being myself."

Even if Holly couldn't quite remember how to be herself anymore, ten years was a long time pretending to be a lady.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:41 pm

Rose was still trying to absorb what Holly was telling her. She wasn't human ... and she was leaving.

And, oddly enough (compared to anyone else in the town), she was more bothered by the fact that Holly was leaving than the fact that she had, for ten years, hidden the fact that she was not human.

A tear trickled down her cheek. No, she didn't care that Holly wasn't human. The only thing that she could focus on was that her friend, her best friend, her only friend, was leaving her.

"But you can't leave," she whispered. She rushed forward and threw her arms around Holly and hugged her tightly. "You can't leave!" she cried, bursting into tears.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:01 pm

Holly was surprised by the sudden movement, but returned the hug fully and stroked Rose's hair trying to comfort her friend. She couldn't blame Rose, there wasn't anyone who could understand the kind of freedom Rose wanted, not even her own sister. The neko had always suspected that Florence would one day get married before Rose.

"I have to," Holly murmured, "I can't stay here for much longer, and traveling with a group who knows where to go is much safer than on my own."

Otherwise Holly would have left sooner, at least before Rose had wormed into her life.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:11 pm

Rose only hugged Holly tighter.

"I can't stay here without you," she sobbed. "I can't! What would I do without you?"

She would be left alone with a sister she only mildly got along with, a society where she didn't fit in, and with men - boys - who were either ridiculously silly, had hands they couldn't keep to themselves, or had no use for Rose and her tomboyish ways.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:24 pm

"Rose..." Holly would have protested but when she thought about it Rose was out of place here.

Holly had "put up" with Rose as some would consider it because Rose's actions were really not that different than those in Gaia, or even Holly herself at one point.

"You do have your family here..."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:31 pm

Rose set her jaw and shook her head. "You are more family than my family is," she said stubbornly. "They don't understand me. They just want me to get married and have kids and live the same boring lives they do. They don't care about life - not about really living! And I don't care about them as much as I do you."

She knew she would hate this place without Holly there to keep her sane.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:08 pm

To be fair, people here seemed to be under the impression that marriage solved everything and Rose did have a limited lifespan for things like marriage and kids. Though she did understand what Rose meant. Still it was sad, Holly was on good ground with her family, even though she already lived far away from them as she went away for school.

Holly sighed, "It's not really appropriate I say this..."

Which, in their long friendship meant that Holly was okay with it, even it might not be okay.

"But you could come along."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:13 pm

Rose's eyes grew wide and her breath caught in her throat. Had Holly just said what she hoped she'd just said?

She let go of Holly and took a half-step back, tears caught halfway down her cheeks as she stared at her friend.

"I ... go with?" she asked breathlessly, her tone filled with hope.

Her brain was a little slow in comprehending, but comprehend it did, in bits and pieces.

She could go with Holly.

Away from here.

Away from Errol, and others like him.

Away from her mundane life.

Away from the people who protested her every action.

Away from the parents who considered her a disgrace.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:19 pm

"The group seems really nice," Holly replied remembering the offer that she was given, "So I don't think they'll mind one more traveler. We can share a room..."

Since it would be more trouble for Miyuki to make another room. Not that Holly knew how this magic stuff worked, she was familiar with it but little else.

"I'm not sure if you'd want to follow me to Gaia, it's really different from here, but you can if you want."

The city is lived in was use to travelers and adventurers suddenly appearing (which made her wonder), so there would be legal ways to get Rose incorporated in, if not. Holly heard some old families and the like were good places to go to for somewhere quieter to live.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:37 pm

At first Rose was excited, but at the mention of Gaia - a whole new world, if she understood correctly - a prickle of fear crept down her spine. Another world ...

Well, at the very least, she knew she didn't want to stay here.

"I'd love to come," she said sincerely. "I ... I don't know about Gaia, but ... if you tell me about it, then I can make an informed choice later ... but I do want to leave here!"

She hugged Holly again, squeezing her tighter this time. "Thank you," she whispered, her tears finally abating.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:51 pm

"And thank you, for always accepting me," Holly told Rose in turn, "I'm sorry to have made you cried so much."

This would change her plans, but those were workable plans.

"How about you come with me tomorrow, my excuse is that I'm making clothes for the group, even though clearly I haven't yet even settled on a pattern. I could use the help..."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:57 pm

Rose wiped at her eyes and sniffled, but when she looked at Holly again, she was smiling.

"I'll come," she agreed without hesitation. "I'll tell my father you need some help tomorrow and take the day off from the mill. He'll let me. He always does."

She bit her lower lip to keep her emotions back, but then she darted forward and hugged Holly again. "Just don't go anywhere without me, okay?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:08 pm

"I won't," Holly promised as she hugged back, "Now, how about we have dinner?"

In all the drama, the food had been forgotten.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:27 pm

Rose ended up staying rather late (though that wasn't unusual for her to do), and the following morning, she was back at the shop, ready to go with Holly to meet the newcomers again.

She was excited about this. She had barely slept the night before, thinking about leaving this dreary town and going off on adventures with Holly.

"Good morning!" she called out a cheerful greeting as she entered the shop.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:33 pm

"Morning," Holly smiled as she casually wrote something with the pen Shiro gave her.

She had made her list before, but now she was thinking about her project. It occurred to her if she could get the equipment needed she could show the process of making one of her clothes from start to finish.

Since Miyuki had wanted a dress, Holly figured she could convince the kitsune to be her model and subject for this.

Folding up the paper she was working on, Holly slipped it into her bag where she kept her measuring tools and the catalog she didn't manage to show Miyuki yesterday.

"Ready to go?"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:37 pm

Rose's dark eyes shone brightly. "Yes," she said, fighting to keep herself calm. She didn't want to draw attention from anyone. Sure, she was often energetic, but she was sure she had never before felt as she did now.

"Need a hand carrying anything?" she asked. She herself had nothing at all to carry, though she was still wearing her cloak. The hood was up again, as she usually had it. She was also freshly washed, and there were no visible traces of the tears of last night.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:46 pm

"No," Holly replied with a shake of her head, "Miyuki had done something with the bag so now it carries a lot but it's really light."

Like it didn't have much in it at all, which was a weird feeling to get use to.

She led the way back to the camp.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:56 pm

Amir was outside playing with Kaede when the two girls arrived, with Iorlas and Wren chatting together and watching over him.

The moment Kaede spotted the girls, she bounded over to them and greeted them with a series of yips. Amir's eyes lit up, and he waved to them.

"Holly!" he beamed. "Mama, Holly!"

Iorlas giggled. "So I see. Good morning, girls."

Last edited by Nara-pyon on Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:37 pm

"Good morning Iorlas," Holly replied, "I don't think you have met Rose yet. Rose, this is Iorlas and her son Amir. They were asleep the night we both visited."

As she made the introduction, she took time out to pet Kaede, because she thought the Pokemon was way too cute.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:55 pm

"Hello, Rose," Iorlas smiled warmly at the girl. "It's a pleasure to meet you. Holly here has made us feel wonderfully welcome in your town."

Amir ran after Kaede and patted her on the head, giggling up at Holly as he did so. Kaede was soaking up the attention from Amir and Holly, nuzzling against each of their legs in turn.

Rose smiled back at Iorlas. "Likewise. I hope you don't mind I came with Holly today, she asked for my help in measuring and the like."

"Not at all!" Wren laughed. "The more the merrier!"

Though she cast a curious glance at Holly. Wasn't this also meant to be a chance for her to prepare her new room?
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:09 am

Holly smiled, "I never did get pick out a pattern with Miyuki, and while we talked about it bit yesterday, I have a catalog I think might be more her style."

It was also a chance to talk about what she would need in terms of workspace. Most of the patterns in there would require everything she ever used to make lolita clothing here.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:33 pm

"Well, she's probably either in the kitchen, her bedroom, or her experimental garden," Iorlas told her, "and you know where those are. Go on in."

Rose smiled at Iorlas , then looked to Holly to lead the way.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:08 pm

"Thanks," Holly replied, "Come on, the kitchen is right behind the tent flap, and if she's not there we'll check out her bedroom first."

Since Holly felt it was quicker to get to the bedroom than it was to the experimental garden. Though she liked the experimental garden, it looked like an untended field, because Miyuki experimented on wildflowers when practicing her magic.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next