The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 19 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 32  Next

Go down

Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A - Page 19 Empty Re: Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:39 pm

Shoneah's jaw twitched, then tensed.

"You've said that three times now," she said, her tone taking on a bit of an edge. "I realize that for you and for most of the group, it's exciting to be here for so long and to see everything, but my focus is to try forget how long I'm going to be away from my family."

She rose and brushed off the back of her nightshirt. "And I know you mean well," she added, "but just something to think about ... I've had five separate people talk to me, telling me to figure out how I feel when Andarien himself hasn't got a clue. And I get it, everyone's worried about him. He's family, I'm the outsider. I'm supposed to be the more mature one, while he's still got something of a childish mind. But has anyone talked to him at all?"

She swallowed hard. "All of the pressure is being put on me, as if it's my choice to make, and mine alone. And maybe it's just me, but I really don't think it's fair."

She slid the door open and stood beside it. Without looking at Miyuki, she said quietly, "I think it's time for you to go."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A - Page 19 Empty Re: Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:22 am

Miyuki lowered her eyes to the floor and thought about it. This was true, and she was sure everyone else was avoiding it because no one knew how to talk to Andarien. One could run in circles around the same thing because Andarien would just miss the point. He would think he's sick, or if he knew he was upset he would avoid the conversation completely.

Actually, now that the kitsune thought about it, the last one was something he just had work towards stopping. He couldn't avoid things he didn't like to feel, or deal with forever. Rising from her spot on the floor, Miyuki nodded.

"I will talk to Andarien," Miyuki replied softly as she passed Shoneah, "Because you're right it's not fair, and we have indulged him too long by letting him avoid situations he does not like."

And if Andarien couldn't handle it, then as much as Miyuki hated to admit it, it might be for the best the two didn't get into a relationship.

Perhaps, Miyuki thought as she walked away, she would get Kaito to help her, because the only one more blunt than her was Kaito.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:27 am

As Miyuki headed down the hallway, Andarien himself entered from the kitchen and just about ran into her.

"Mi!" he exclaimed, his eyes bright. "You're just the person I was looking for! I was talking with Neko and he says that the forge room isn't set up properly for working with Littinum and is it possible to change it around and-- hey, are you okay?"

He blinked at her, and his brow furrowed slightly. She didn't look like she usually did ... maybe it was because it was getting pretty late, but it wasn't exactly a sleepy look, either ...
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:20 pm

Miyuki smiled a bit at that question. How was it that her little brother could be so observant in changes around him and yet at the same time be so obtuse?

"I'm feeling fine, I'm just thinking," she told him, "About a few things, actually I would like to talk about them to you sometime."

She wasn't sure if he was up to it right now (and she didn't want to take away his fire, he seemed to have hit upon something with the Littinum).

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:38 pm

Andarien nodded seriously. "Okay. I gotta talk to you, too. I'm supposed to talk to Neko again tomorrow evening so I gotta talk to you before then."

He paused. "Do you wanna talk now?" he asked hesitantly. "Cos I'm good to talk now but if you gotta think first ..."

He trailed off, unsure how to continue. He wasn't used to others having problems - well, aside from Shoneah and her homesickness but that was a different story.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:10 pm

Miyuki thought about it, could this be something she would be able to talk about herself? Possibly... but on the other hand she just might making him angry, it was hard to tell sometimes with him.

"Let's talk about the forge changes first," she told him, "We can talk about that other thing another time."

Because she wasn't going to do it alone.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:16 pm

Andarien nodded and brightened immediately. "Okay! Well, basically, Neko says that the forge room isn't set up the right way to work with Littinum, so I guess that explains why we couldn't do a thing with it today, and if we want to use it then we have to make some changes, so Neko said I gotta ask you if it's possible to change the forge room. I know you made it with runes, well, and there's the stones and stuff, but would it be too hard to change it around and make it different?"

He just about gasped for air, he had been speaking so fast. But his eyes were bright and eager as he looked at his sister.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:01 pm

Like a kid with a toy, Miyuki couldn't help think.

"Does any of the things in the room need to be moved?"

The forge itself would be difficult to move, but she was sure with help everything else could be moved around.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:06 pm

Andarien blinked at Miyuki. "I don't know," he admitted ruefully. "I showed it all to Neko, and he just said that it wasn't good for Littinum and told me to ask if it could be changed. I don't know how much would have to be ..."

He didn't know what the changes were that would have to be made. He was pretty sure that in order to get the temperatures they needed, the forge itself would have to be not only moved, but redesigned and rebuilt.

"Probably a lot?" he guessed sheepishly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:24 pm

Miyuki chuckled, sighing a bit as she did so. It sounded like Andarien didn't ask for details.

"The easiest way is to move everything out, store it away and then make the room up from scratch again. Which... I guess doesn't sound that easy at all, but easier than revamping a room with stuff in it, if there is a lot of things that need to change."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:27 pm

Andarien thought hard about it. It was true, it would be a lot easier to change the room if it was empty rather than full. He nodded.

"Yeah ... I guess it's a good thing we're gonna be here for a while," he mused. "I mean, I guess if it's too much work, we don't have to do it ... I'd just really like to be able to use the Littinum we found ... otherwise it's just ... such a waste ..."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:35 pm

"We might as well do it now rather than later," Miyuki replied, "The kitchen is going to be changed during our stay here."

It had to, it was too small, and they needed more cooking space and so forth.

"I think though to change the forge first then, because we need the forge to expand some of the stoves and ovens in the kitchen..."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:37 pm

Andarien beamed. "So there's going to be a lot of changes, neat!" he said enthusiastically. "What you gonna do with the kitchen? Make it bigger so we all fit in there?"

He paused a moment, then added, "Well, maybe the dining room would be better, I guess, since that's where we actually eat," he conceded.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:12 pm

"We're going to have a bigger kitchen, food storage and a dining room," Miyuki explained, "It's just enlarging and moving everything."

Because the kitchen was the main area, it was the trickiest to revamp. Miyuki figured it was easiest to make the entrance some sort of small lobby or gathering place and add more doors once the shelving, counters and everything else had been removed.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:16 pm

Andarien grinned widely. "Good. It's pretty crowded at meal times now."

He paused, then asked, "Tomorrow when I talk to Neko, do you want to be there too? He's going to tell me how the forge room should be designed, but if you want to do something else then I can just show you the blueprints after."

He didn't know if Miyuki would be interested; after all she hadn't been when he'd spoken with their grandfather today.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:10 pm

"Sure, I should probably talk to him to get a better idea of what the room should be like," Miyuki replied.

Since she had to be the one to make it, it was best she talked with Neko.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:14 pm

Andarien grinned at Miyuki. "Okay, then. I'll make sure to find you before I talk to him. It won't be til after supper anyways, he said the same time as we talked today."

Then, using one foot to rub the back of his other leg, he asked, "Was there anything else you wanted to talk about tonight? Cos otherwise I'm gonna go to bed ..."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:00 pm

It was getting late, and besides the fact Miyuki didn't want to do it alone, she figured now would not be the best time to bring that up.

"We can talk about it another day," she told him.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:00 pm

Andarien grinned and nodded. "Okay, then. Good night!"

He had to wash before bed, so he headed to the bathing rooms, leaving Miyuki alone in the hallway.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:43 pm

Miyuki watched as Andarien left, it was late. She wondered if she should have that talk before or after the talk with their grandfather. Maybe after... she knew she was putting it off, but Miyuki didn't want any awkwardness during the talk with her grandfather tomorrow.

Until then, she would ask Kaito... and probably Eron too, just to have someone keep Kaito in line. With that thought she went off to her own room.

The next day, after everyone left to do their own thing, Miyuki went off to the labs, figuring she could find both men there.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:52 pm

Sure enough, both Kaito and Eron were in the lab, though Kaito wasn't doing any work. As usual, he was pestering Shiro while Shiro tried to work - asking questions, reading over his shoulder, trying to sneak his tablet away from him ...

"Kaito, will you give it a rest, already?" Shiro scolded his brother, annoyed, as he put one hand on his tablet to hold it in place on the table. "Seriously, I'm about ready to switch out the login perimeters."

"I just want to watch the videos you took in Quir," Kaito said persuasively. "Come on, it's been a while."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:25 pm

"You need a hobby Kaito," Miyuki couldn't help but comment.

Honestly, she understood the two were brothers, but why Kaito was joined at the hip to Shiro at times when Kaito had no interest in the research she'll never know. Or maybe he does it so Shiro wouldn't work all the time.

Eron pretended to ignore the brothers and Miyuki's comment, but clearly he was amused.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:28 pm

"Oh, I've got hobbies," Kaito agreed cheerfully. "They just require other people. Or snow. It's not like there's a lot to do out there with all that water."

He wrinkled his nose distastefully.

"There is nothing wrong with water," Shiro pointed out, "and if you felt like it I'm sure you could surf as well as you snowboard. It works on the same principles."

"No thank you!"

Shiro sighed and shook his head, then turned to Miyuki. "What brings you in here?" he asked her, ignoring Kaito now.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:34 pm

"Actually I need Kaito, and Eron...." the kitsune eyed the neko though, "Though I could just grab Eron, that might be a better choice."

She forgot how annoying Kaito could be unintentionally (most of the time).

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:38 pm

"Oh, you're welcome to take Kaito, too," Shiro said quickly - perhaps a little too quickly for Kaito, whose jaw dropped and who then proceeded to react with an exclamative protest of "Hey!"

Shiro ignored him. He was used to doing that by now.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 32  Next