The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 20 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 32  Next

Go down

Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A - Page 20 Empty Re: Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:46 pm

Miyuki chuckled, "You kind of brought that on yourself."

Perhaps she will, just to give poor Shiro a break. Though Shiro also need a break from his work too...

"So what did you need us for?" Eron asked as he pulled himself away from his work.

He found it interesting that she called upon them both as he and Kaito were quite different. Eron related better to Shiro than to Kaito.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A - Page 20 Empty Re: Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:48 pm

"Yeah, what would you want the two of us for?" Kaito echoed, his curiosity overcoming his feeling of being insulted. "I mean, Eron's the smart one if you need someone smart."

"No arguments there," Shiro murmured, going back to his work.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:47 am

"Because I need help talking to Andarien about his feelings with Sliverbirch," Miyuki replied wryly.

Eron, who had known there was something going on between the two asked, "Has something come up? I know he's been writing it off as being sick..."

Miyuki sighed, "Only that apparently Sliverbirch has been talked to many times about this, and feels it's unfair that she should have to bring this up with Andarien when Andarien himself has never expressed any interest beyond friendship. And she's right, as much as I'd like to protect Andarien from being heartbroken, he has to face this as much as she does, and he's not going to because..."

"He keeps thinking he's getting sick," Eron finished wryly.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:49 am

"That and he's about as dense as angel food cake," Kaito agreed.

"And you think Kaito's a good candidate to speak with Andarien?" Shiro asked, interested despite himself. He turned towards Miyuki and arched one eyebrow. "I think what he just said about sums up his abilities with tact."

Kaito shrugged. "It's true."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:27 am

"Which is why Eron is also going," Miyuki replied dryly.

Eron already understood why Miyuki wanted Kaito to come, "In case all else fails? Since leading him to the fact might be going in circles depending."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:28 am

"Hope you have a plan for keeping Kaito quiet until you need him," Shiro quipped.

Kaito glared at his brother, but unlike Shiro, he didn't actually dare smack him, as Shiro so often did to him.

The difference, he knew, was that he deserved it - but Shiro was just telling the truth.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:25 pm

Miyuki scratched her cheek, "Hadn't thought that far ahead..."

And she didn't think that was possible, because Kaito was Katio.

Eron chuckled, "Then how about just the two of us to start out with? I'm sure Andarien will get it with enough prodding."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:29 pm

"Probably safest to keep Kaito out of it until it's really necessary," Shiro agreed over his brother's protests. "If you get Andarien riled, it's more likely to backfire than anything else."

Kaito's eyes were just about glowing, and his arms were crossed across his chest defiantly.

"I can keep my mouth shut, for your information," he said crossly.

Shiro arched one eyebrow. "Oh, really?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:24 pm

"Uh oh...." Miyuki murmured softly and Eron agreed.

This wasn't going to end well for anyone involved. It wasn't that Kaito was awful at keeping quiet, it was just he tended to see things far more straight forward than it really was.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:33 pm

Kaito eyed Miyuki, and Shiro sighed.

"Look, Kaito, I'll be the first to admit that whatever you do, you're good at it," Shiro said flatly. "But even you have to admit that you have a habit of rubbing Andarien the wrong way. I think the idea is to get him to recognize and perhaps acknowledge his feelings, not get ticked off and run away again."

Before Kaito could retort, he held his hands up defensively. "But hey, I'm just a bystander. You guys decide."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:48 pm

"Sorry," Eron apologized good naturally, "I think though Miyuki, let me talk to Andarien first and see where we go from there."

He was pretty sure he could manage it and if Andarien needed to be told out right, then Eron could at least provide the evidence to back it up without ticking him off. At least Eron hoped.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:54 pm

"I have to say, that does sound like a safer plan," Shiro agreed.

Kaito just turned away, his arms folded across his chest.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:26 pm

Miyuki wondered if she should worry, but Eron shook his head. He had seen Kaito pout before, granted it was over more trivial things than his reputation.

"Would you like to do this now?" Eron asked.

Miyuki thought about, since they were supposed to talk to Neko tonight. Though she was worried that she was going to keep putting it off if she didn't do it.

"Let's do it now, before I put it off," Miyuki finally replied.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:29 pm

Shiro ignored his pouting brother and grinned at Eron and Miyuki.

"Good luck," he wished them sincerely. "Let me know how it goes, will you? I know I might be able to find out just by looking at Andarien the next time I see him, but then, with him, you never know."

Andarien didn't always react the way most people would. Even good news could make him quiet.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:37 pm

"We will," Eron nodded, knowing how Shiro and Kaito did have a vested interest in the boy (they were his other mentors).

Miyuki smiled and agreed as well before leaving with Eron to have a chat with Andarien. Hopefully he wouldn't be working but he probably was.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:48 pm

For once, not only was the forge not running, but the room was empty: neither Andarien nor Shoneah were in there. That didn't mean that Andarien wasn't working at all: he was in his bedroom, sitting at his desk, a notebook open in front of him - though he wasn't even looking at it.

Behind him, Zeus napped on his futon while Eon sat, watching his master in silence.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:55 pm

It was quick check to see if Andarien was in the forge room or not. When it turned out he wasn't, the two headed straight for his room.

Miyuki rapped on the frame of Andarien's door to get his attention, not sure what he was up to at the moment.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:03 pm

Andarien just about jumped out of his skin when Miyuki knocked, and he scrambled on his desk, looking for a writing tool so that he could at least look as if he was busy.

"C'mon in," he called over his shoulder, giving up on finding something to write with.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:00 pm

Miyuki peeked in, before stepping in with Eron. She noticed he seemed to be... sitting in front of his notebook?

Now that was odd, normally he would be scribbling something down.

"Hey, are we interrupting?" Miyuki asked.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:03 pm

Andarien pushed himself away from his desk and turned to face his visitors, resting one arm on the back of his chair.

"No," he said dully, his face falling. "I'm not really doing anything. Just thinking I guess."

He hadn't found anything to write with, and his page was blank. There wasn't even a chance he could pretend to have been busy.

"Why?" he added, suddenly curious. "You need something?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:06 pm

"I just wanted to have that talk I told you about last night, but if you have something on your mind we can talk about that instead," Miyuki offered, "You seem a bit... distracted."

Which wasn't that common for Andarien, but she wasn't surprised that he was here in his room instead of talking about it with someone.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:10 pm

Andarien shook his head and smiled at Miyuki, though it didn't quite reach his eyes.

"It's okay, this is a good time," he told her. "Shoneah's gone out for a few days with Jassin and Lashrael, and if Neko's gonna tell me tonight how the forge needs to be changed, then there's just not much point in working in there today."

He eyed Eron. He understood now why Miyuki was there, but why was Eron with her?

"Eron gonna talk about it too?" he asked curiously.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:54 pm

"Yes, Miyuki thought it would be for the best since conversation is a bit out of her depth," Eron replied with a smile.

Not that Eron was any better seeing as he was still single at his age.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:57 pm

Now Andarien was really confused. He knew they weren't talking about swimming - Holly hadn't finished their bathing suits yet - so Eron must be talking about something else. But what it was, he had no idea.

"Huh?" he asked helplessly after he'd tried for a moment to figure out what Eron meant.

Hey, at least he'd tried, right?
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:37 pm

Eron wondered if getting Andarien more social would help him with idioms, after all idioms tended to be cultural in nature and it wasn't like Andarien talked with a lot of people.

"Out of depth means it's something she doesn't know a lot of," Eron explained, "But Miyuki wants to talk to you because she's concerned about your well being."

He went on before Andarien could get anymore confused.

"Specifically she wants to talk about your feelings towards Shoneah."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 32  Next