The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wandering Through Wolsic - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Wandering Through Wolsic - 119 4A - Page 12 Empty Re: Wandering Through Wolsic - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:52 pm

"Either they're going to have to key it individually to everyone so those who are part of our group and see the tent, or it'll be a case of once you know it's there, you can see it. Like really know it's there, since people from far away can see it,but won't be able to see it up close."

Which would completely mess with some people's heads and Miyuki was quite alright with that.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Wandering Through Wolsic - 119 4A - Page 12 Empty Re: Wandering Through Wolsic - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:01 am

"Wouldn't that be interesting?" Daeron laughed.

Iorlas giggled. "Well, you do enjoy it when others are confused," she agreed. She turned back to Miyuki. "Though if they can see it from far away, but not up close, I would imagine - from what Mailon tells us about his people - that they would simply gather a large number of people and swarm it until they found it, invisible or not."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:04 am

"True, but that would give us some time to get away," Miyuki replied, "The problem I'm told is that to make that kind of illusion so to speak last at longer distances that takes more energy and elves can see very far. So it would be pretty much exhaustive to make it completely disappear."

Which was a pity, but with all that white it would at least make someone's life harder.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:12 am

"Not sure we'd know they were coming," Daeron pointed out. "Still, that does sound like a lot of work."

"I'm sure Lancaeriel will figure something out," Iorlas said soothingly.

She wondered if it would end up being a temporary thing or if it would be something that could be turned on and off depending on where they were and whether or not they would need to be hidden.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:53 am

"We'll see what happens, really it's just in those countries we need to worry about. Everything is probably so white anyways that if all else fails we could have the tent change colours."

That actually would be something they could, instead of making it disappear, make it change colours to better suit the background.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:56 am

"Would that be a simple thing to do?" Iorlas asked curiously. "I know it's possible to dye cloth, but leather is not so easy to dye - and to dye something white when it isn't already white is impossible ..."

She had learned as much from her tailoring lessons back in Caras Galadhon.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:30 am

"You know... I actually don't know if you could turn something white using magic," Miyuki admitted, "But I had been more thinking about an illusion that makes it look white or whatever colour you need."

She pause for a moment, that did bring up a good question, could you really change the colour of an object using magic?

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:40 am

"But could the power of an illusion hold up from a distance?" Iorlas asked. "Wouldn't people have to be within the range of the magic in order for it to work? Unless the spell is cast on the viewer, that is. Magic is quite complicated."

"I'm sure she knows that," Daeron pointed out with a chuckle. "She's been studying it, after all."

Suddenly Amir patted Daeron's cheek to get his attention and pointed ahead of them, where Andarien was walking with his Pokemon. Daeron looked just in time to see Kaede pounce on Zeus from behind, and the Jolteon turned to chase after his sister, his fur crackling with electricity. He chuckled softly and looked carefully up at Amir. "You like watching them, don't you?" he grinned.

Amir just grinned back, as silent as ever.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:51 pm

"They certainly make things lively," Miyuki admitted as she watched Suki join the chase.

Why, because it was fun, and more interesting than just walking. At least not all of them were doing so. Yasu just sort of snorted at his siblings.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:06 pm

Kaede ducked behind Suki just as Zeus lobbed a bolt of electricity at her, narrowly missing being hit by it.

"Behave," Andarien chided his Pokemon, though he was smiling. "No special attacks while we're on the move."

Zeus protested to his master, pointing out that Kaede had pounced him first, but Andarien just chuckled.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:40 pm

Miyuki rolled her eyes upon hearing Zeus, because Zeus always seemed to resort to special attacks. If his sisters were out to get them, then pounce back.

In fact that was what Suki was doing, pouncing on Kaede to start off another chase.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:01 pm

Kaede squealed and chased after her sister, her paws scrambling for traction on the bare rock. Amir giggled and clapped his hands, which made both Iorlas and Daeron smile warmly.

"It's good to hear him laugh," Iorlas murmured happily. "Perhaps it's a step towards healing, who knows? Maybe he'll be able to speak someday too."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:26 pm

It had never been clear if Amir's lack of voice was the result of damage or trauma. Miyuki knew that like very young stage growers elven children were very intelligent even from a young age. Her mother had said her ada was quite bright as a child, but didn't seem to offer anymore on the matter.

Only smiled knowingly.

"Until then, do you plan to teach him sign language?" she asked.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:13 pm

"It would help if we knew sign language," Daeron admitted sheepishly. "We've been communicating fairly well though - at least, it seems he understands us, and he's been pretty good at telling us what he wants when he wants it."

"My biggest concern is if something happens when we're asleep and he can't get our attention," Iorlas added softly, her brow furrowing ever so slightly. "If we had a bell or something it would be one thing, but ... we haven't."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:00 pm

"Maybe a horn like object he could blow into?" Miyuki glanced at her uncle.

She wasn't sure if that could be carved, but that could work and they were generally loud. It wasn't as nice as a bell, but unless the next town had what they needed to buy one. Unless..

"Or see if Shoneah or Andarien could make something like a bell."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:03 pm

"That would be a thought," Daeron agreed. "I don't like the idea of a horn, that would be too loud. Not only would it waken everyone, but anyone who's trained as a soldier would think we were under attack."

He paused. "That's not a bad idea for night watch, though," he added thoughtfully.

"Perhaps we could ask her when we ask her if she can make rings for the tubs," Iorlas suggested with a smile. She looked around for Shoneah and spotted her walking on her own at the back of the group.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:37 pm

"I wonder if she'll walk with us...." Miyuki murmured as she looked back and waved to Shoneah.

Shoneah seemed to be by herself more often than not. While Eron seemed to hang with the nekos, but then again being Shiro was interesting because at least he could talk about what Eron knew. Even if he was more advance (more often than not) in any subject that Eron knew.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:48 pm

Shoneah seemed to be off in her own little world, and when Miyuki waved at her, she didn't notice right away. When she did, she blinked, and smiling a bit shyly or sheepishly - one never could tell with Shoneah - she waved back at Miyuki.

Iorlas laughed softly and beckoned Shoneah over to them. "Come!" she said cheerfully. "Walk with us!"

Again, Shoneah seemed surprised, but she picked up her pace a bit until she was walking alongside the others. "I must really have looked pitiful back there," she murmured sheepishly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:14 am

"Not at all, maybe a bit lonely," Miyuki replied cheerfully, "But not pitful. Were you thinking about something?"

Since it had taken Shoneah a moment or two to even notice that Miyuki had been waving.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:17 am

Shoneah smiled softly and shook her head slightly. "Nothing more than usual," she murmured. "My friends ... my family ..."

She smiled bravely, but it didn't reach her eyes. Though she was getting used to this world, and even growing fond of some of her traveling companions, she missed her home, and the ache of being away was not lessening.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:37 am

"Oh...." Miyuki had hoped that over time Shoneah would adjust, it wouldn't do her any good if she kept aching like that.

It had been actually quite a long while since she had come to them, so both her and Eron had been in this world for a long while.

"I guess traveling like this would give a lot of time to think," she agreed.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:40 am

"Perhaps too much," Shoneah admitted reluctantly. "Don't get me wrong, I'm ... I'm enjoying myself ... most of the time ... it's just ..."

She hesitated, then sighed. "When I'm not busy with something and not talking with anyone, my mind wanders, and it doesn't matter what I try to think about, I invariably think about home."

She felt like she was always complaining about missing her family and friends, but she couldn't lie about her thoughts. She simply didn't have anything to distract her from them, something in the here and now to keep her occupied.

Iorlas put one arm around Shoneah's shoulders and hugged her gently. "It's all right," she assured her with a soft smile. "I understand what it's like to miss your family. For some people it gets easier, for some it gets harder."

At Shoneah's questioning look, she expanded. "I used to have a sister. But I have a new family now. Perhaps ... if it would make it easier for you, you could consider us your new family. Not that we could ever replace your real family, but I think I can safely say that each and every one of us here would gladly do anything we could for you."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:49 pm

Miyuki nodded in agreement, "We'll do what we can."

She sort of understood that Shoneah would still be lonely. It wasn't like her or Andarien had moved away from their family. Their parents were always there even though she understood that her and her brother were old enough to be considered adults.

Though she would never feel comfortable with the idea of Andarien going off on his own.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:57 pm

Shoneah smiled self-consciously, her face flushing with the attention. "Thanks," she murmured.

"We did want to talk to you, too," Iorlas added, her smile widening. "Miyuki's had some ideas and was wondering if you could help out."

Shoneah blinked. "Oh?" she said, her tone rising in surprise. She looked at Miyuki curiously.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:59 pm

"Since we're heading to places that will be very cold, now would be a good time to start planning bathing rooms. With Uncle Dareon's help, I'll need two tubs, one for bathing and one for a shower," the kitsune explained, "But there are parts that will need metal work."

Though Dareon would know better than her in that regard.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next