The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wandering Through Wolsic - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

Wandering Through Wolsic - 119 4A - Page 4 Empty Re: Wandering Through Wolsic - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:07 pm

"Kyrie says it'll take about three days, it was an awfully large dragon," Miyuki explained, "I'll be taking the cold box out to her so she can store perishables."

In other words the meat, though other parts like claws and scales were probably going to be put into bags or a storage room.

"I'm going to make another storage room for the larger scales."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Wandering Through Wolsic - 119 4A - Page 4 Empty Re: Wandering Through Wolsic - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:11 pm

Iorlas nodded. "If you would ..." She paused, hesitating, and then swallowed hard. "Could you ... would you please give me warning when it is being brought in?" she requested quietly. "I ... I know it was necessary, but ... I do not want to see it."

Wren put one hand on Iorlas' shoulder and gave it a light squeeze. "We'll make sure," she assured her quietly. "Do you want to see Daeron?"

Iorlas nodded and pushed her chair back. "Could you let him know that I will be in our room?" she asked Wren as she stood, holding Amir carefully.

"Of course," Wren nodded. "You go rest. I'm sure Amir needs to sleep, too." She smiled warmly at her, and Iorlas turned and headed back towards the hallway with the bedrooms.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:24 pm

"I'll go get him on my way out," Miyuki promised as her aunt left back for the bed rooms.

She quickly went and grabbed the "cold box" though it wasn't really cold, it just preserved everything in stasis. Best of all, it was like the runed bags, so the box itself only weighed however much the box would have weighed empty.

Carefully picking it up, she made her way back out of the tent, looking around to see if she could grab her uncle Dareon on the way.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:29 pm

Outside, Kyrie, Daeron, Mailon and Shoneah were both working on the dragon, busily prying off scales and stacking them to one side so that they could be washed and stored. Earendil and Andarien were on the far side of the tent, talking quietly together. Shiro and Kaito were watching the others work on the dragon, with Shiro asking about the dragon and Kaito asking about the fight.

Lancaeriel and Cael were returning from the forest hand-in-hand, visibly exhausted and blackened with smoke. They were smiling, though, and they waved cheerfully to the rest of the group.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:35 pm

Miyuki would have waved back, but she had her hands full. Instead she made her way over to the group (with Yasu following her)and set the cold box down for Kyrie to use once it was time.

Lin was keeping watch, but since there were so many people out she was also taking time to answer Shiro and Kaito's questions. Ai and Suki with her, waiting for their owner to get back.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:52 pm

Even with the smoke gone, it was very dark out now, and very soon Earendil ushered Andarien back to the rest of the group. Andarien was very quiet, his eyes downcast, and Earendil had one arm around his shoulders as they walked.

"I think it's time most of us went to bed and got some rest," he said as they approached the others again. "It's been a long day, and that was quite the fight."

"And Lan and I are up for first watch?" Cael asked, since he and his wife had been absent when Kyrie had changed the plans for the night.

"No, you rest," Kyrie told him. "I'll be out all night working on the dragon, as well as anyone who wishes to help me, and we'll have only one other person on watch. Lin has agreed to take first watch, so if you want to rest then go ahead."

"And wash," Lancaeriel murmured, rubbing at a sooty spot on her arm.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:53 pm

Miyuki nodded at this, she had helped prepare meat before but not on this scale. It also occurred to her that she was going to really need those bathing rooms she kept trying to research about. The problem was, she wanted Gaian bathing rooms, she wanted running water, but that required to manipulate the plane space with something more complicated than allowing smoke to leave without it leaving from the tent on this plane.

"And Aunt Iorlas would like to have Uncle Dareon with her," Miyuki added to the group.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:59 pm

Daeron straightened up, letting the scale he had been working on fall back into place. Considering the thought, it didn't surprise him, and he berated himself for not having thought of it himself sooner. Iorlas was no longer dragonkind, but that couldn't erase her thousands of years of being one, and it had to be as hard for her to be around the cutting up of a dragon as it would be for him - or any of the others - to watch idly while someone else cut up a dead elf or human, or any other kind of person.

"Of course," he agreed, wiping his hands on his pants. "I'll come right away."

"We'll get some torches so you can see," Shiro offered, grabbing Kaito by the arm and dragging him with him.

Earendil nudged Andarien towards the tent but went off to speak with Lin before he would go inside himself.

"Be careful," he told her quietly, his expression tender as he took her hands in his own.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:03 pm

"I will be," Lin gave his hands a squeeze.

Miyuki turned to Kyrie and added, "And she also requests we warn her before bringing any parts in, so she doesn't have to be there."

Miyuki had to admit, it was probably really creepy if you spent most of your life as a dragon to see other people cut a dragon up and bring parts inside to be used.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:12 pm

Kyrie nodded. "Fair enough. Thank you."

Shoneah was puzzled. "She's always been fine around other animals we hunted back in Makshim," she pointed out. "What's the difference here, other than that this time we were attacked?"

Earendil squeezed Lin's hands back, then leaned down to kiss her on the cheek before letting her go and following after Andarien towards the tent. He wanted to make sure Andarien would settle down all right. He had been upset when he thought that the attack had been his fault - which in all fairness it was, to a degree - but Earendil had made sure to stress that the important thing was that now he knew better, and that when someone told him to be quiet he wait until being told it was alright to talk again before making any noise. Still, Earendil wanted to make sure he got to sleep without trouble.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:18 pm

Miyuki scratched her cheek thoughtfully, "That's Auntie's story to tell, not mine."

It was a policy that had served Miyuki well when talking about people like her aunt or Lanceariel.

"But, I can say that things about dragons is that they are very intelligent. It's just, more often than not, dragons tend to act more animal than anything else, but good dragons aren't just nice. They talk to you, hold conversation, express their feelings, so when you know a few good dragons, it makes something like this a bit awkward. At least, that's what I find personally."

She remembered the first time she saw a dragon harvested, it had been horribly discomforting to her. More so because it had stopped and considered her words, but apparently didn't have enough "true" intelligence to stop and not eat them.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:22 pm

"Intelligent, yes, but nice?" Shoneah was puzzled. "I've never met a nice dragon before ..."

Kyrie smiled faintly. "Would you like to?"

Shoneah considered the idea - which of course she held as a theoretical idea rather than an offer, since she had no idea it was a possibility at the moment. Would she like to meet a nice dragon? Well, on the one hand, it would be nice not to have to paint all dragons with the same brush, so to speak; but on the other hand, if she had to stop and think about whether or not every dragon she saw was friendly or not, she might hesitate and be hurt or even killed if she faced another one.

"I'm not sure," she admitted softly, prying a scale loose and tossing it aside. "How would you even know that you could trust it?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:25 pm

"Considering how violent dragons are normally in this world, if they talk to you instead of try to kill you that's a pretty good indicator," Miyuki replied in a way that suggested this was her first time being attacked.

Which it wasn't, she would like to not have a repeat of that anytime in the near future.

"But... a reference from another person introducing you to said dragon is a perfect way to know you can trust it," she added happily.

Only because that was how they had met Uruloki.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:36 pm

"But are dragons not notoriously silver-tongued?" Shoneah asked, confused. "Or is that just the dragons in the area where I'm from? Because as often as not, they'll lie and lull you into a false sense of security ..."

"I'm sure some are not trustworthy," Kyrie agreed, "but there are others who are. Like people. It's just a matter of getting to know them and finding out their true personality. My dearest friend is a dragon, and I have known him since before I knew my husband. He has saved my life many times, and has never let me down in any way."

Shoneah smiled wryly. "We sure could have used his help with this one," she murmured, nodding at the dragon they were taking apart.

Kyrie laughed. "Oh, he did. Without his help, I'd be dead, I assure you."

Shoneah stopped working and stared at Kyrie. "What?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:20 pm

"That's how Kyrie was kept from being fried," Miyuki explained, "Uruloki, that's the dragon's name, is a fire dragon. So he keeps her warm and protects her from fire."

Which was really handy for Kyrie since she didn't tend to wear much and if she ever planned into deep into a fire attack every again.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:38 pm

"Volcano dragon," Kyrie corrected Miyuki with a smile. "Subspecies, I know, but still, there are differences."

"I have to admit, you are making me curious," Shoneah laughed softly. "I have no idea what you're talking about. How would that even work? He's not here, I'd have seen him."

"I'm quite certain you have," Kyrie grinned back. "You just thought nothing of it."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:40 pm

Miyuki laughed, "Okay, now you're teasing her Kyrie. Stop leaving Silverbirch in suspense..."

Though she was just as amused as Kyrie was.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:50 pm

"Come on, it's fun," Kyrie laughed. "How often do I get to tease someone like this?"

Shoneah was growing more and more confused. "Alright, I change my mind," she said flatly, pushing her hair back behind her shoulders. "I think I would like to meet this dragon, if indeed he is around."

Kyrie smiled and straightened up. "Come here."

Shoneah wiped her knife on her pants and sheathed it, and headed towards Kyrie.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:08 pm

Miyuki watched on as Shoneah made her way towards Kyrie. She did have to find it amusing that Kyrie would be teasing the girl at all.

She hoped that Uruloki would be nice, sometimes he was a bit testy.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:33 pm

When Shoneah was close enough, Kyrie lifted her arms slightly and turned around, showing her the image of Uruloki wrapped around her torso.

Shoneah smiled when she saw it, clearly unimpressed. "Ha. Cute," she said dryly. "Is it imbued with magic or something that pro-aah!" She jumped back and clamped both hands over her mouth, her eyes wide as the image rippled and Uruloki emerged and perched, hatchling-sized, on Kyrie's shoulder, his tail draped around her neck.

Kyrie laughed. "Shoneah, meet Uruloki," she grinned. "My best and most trustworthy friend for almost a thousand years."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:49 pm

Miyuki laughed as well, because the reaction was too priceless. Of course, she wasn't surprised that Shoneah was going to ask if the tattoo was magical at all.

"He's quite nice," Miyuki added.

When he wasn't being blunt about something, though it was mainly to Kyrie, which showed the amount of trust the two had for each other.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:12 am

"As long as people aren't being stupid," Uruloki added to Miyuki's comment, stretching.

"Yes, well, at least I learn from my mistakes," Kyrie smiled.

"Most of the time." Uruloki hopped down from her shoulder and landed on the ground, suddenly the same height as Kyrie.

Shoneah's eyes grew even wider. "How ..."

"Among the things that set Volcano Dragons apart from Fire Dragons is our ability to change size," Uruloki explained. "That and our ability to bond with someone, to become one with that person. When bonded, we share abilities: sight, smell, hearing, my warmth, imperviousness to heat and fire ..."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:10 am

It reminded Miyuki a bit of her Grandfather Daemon, who had shared many abilities with Gion Aldrich before being freed from his sword.

"Which was why Kyrie was fine in that fire blast," Miyuki added.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:13 am

"Yes, exactly," Kyrie agreed. "Though on that note, Uruloki, it's getting dark and I need to see what I'm doing ..."

"You were the one who wanted to introduce me to Shoneah," Uruloki pointed out. But despite his words, he moved towards her and vanished once more into the mark around her torso.

"At any rate, Miyuki, you'd best get some rest as well," Kyrie encouraged her. "You'll have opportunity for talk again tomorrow."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:28 am

Miyuki nodded slowly at this, "Okay... I'll see you in the morning then."

She went off to say good night to her mother before going to her room like planned. Taking her Pokemon with her, but leaving the cold box behind.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next