The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inching through Illsbruic - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Inching through Illsbruic - 119 4A - Page 7 Empty Re: Inching through Illsbruic - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Tue May 19, 2015 10:12 pm

Andarien glanced at Miyuki briefly before watching Shoneah and Daeron once more.

"Of course I'm okay," he muttered. "Just sitting here."

He rubbed his hands together, then rubbed his arms, and then the back of his neck. He was clearly agitated.

"I should be going, too!" he said angrily. He swatted at a piece of grass. "I always get left behind."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Inching through Illsbruic - 119 4A - Page 7 Empty Re: Inching through Illsbruic - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Tue May 19, 2015 10:32 pm

"No you shouldn't and no you're not fine," Miyuki looked over at her brother and wished Eron was here.

Somehow he always worded it right to make Andarien think about how he's feeling. Maybe it was a teacher thing.

"You're angry, if you were fine, you wouldn't be angry."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue May 19, 2015 11:31 pm

"Well I'm not hurt or anything," Andarien glowered. "I'm mad because I never get to do anything. I never get to go anywhere, and I finally even know how to use a weapon pretty good! And Shoneah couldn't even take Xipil along with her. And what if something happens to her? Or Ada-tol?"

He started tearing at the grass, tossing it forcefully to one side.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue May 19, 2015 11:35 pm

"Then she and Uncle Daeron will get out of it and run back here to us," Miyuki told calmly putting a hand on his shoulder, "If she took Xipil that would have caused a ruckus, that's why he didn't come."

Really, Miyuki thought Andarien was more worried about Shoneah which was sweet, but how to get that across to him?

"Trust them to be able to fight their way out if they need to, and believe that it won't come to that..."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue May 19, 2015 11:57 pm

Andarien shrugged out from under Miyuki's hand. "They're going into a place full of soldier that are trained to fight and to kill," he said darkly. "I really don't think they would be able to fight their way out of that if they had to."

He had no idea how big the place was, or how many people were there, but if Lashrael was afraid for her life to go there, and she knew the people there, then how safe could it be for anyone else?
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed May 20, 2015 12:11 am

"Then you think they shouldn't have gone at all?" Miyuki asked her brother.

There actually wasn't any curiousity in her question, she was sure Andarien would say they should have, but she suspected it was because as far as he was concerned Shoneah was going alone.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed May 20, 2015 11:03 am

"Well of course they had to go!" Andarien retorted, annoyed with her questions. "How else could we know if that lady's boyfriend or husband or whatever he is is still there?"

It never occurred to him to give more information than the simplest answer to Miyuki's questions. It simply wasn't the way his mind worked.

Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed May 20, 2015 10:34 pm

Miyuki was at a lost in how to deal with Andarien, but fortunately Eron had also predicted that maybe it was best to check on Andarien.

The daemon came up behind Andarien and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Take a breath Andarien," Eron told him, "Miyuki, you should have started out by asking Andarien, how he was feeling, not if he was okay."

Miyuki blinked, and smiled softly. She scratched the back of her head sheepishly because she never considered "are you okay" to be anything but a straight forward question.

"You were watching?" she suddenly realized.

Eron smiled, "I thought maybe to let you two talk it out first before butting in."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed May 20, 2015 10:40 pm

Andarien was only half-listening to the two of them. He knew they were talking about him - even if it was Miyuki getting the lecture this time - but his attention was elsewhere.

While Eron spoke with Miyuki, he pulled a watch from his pocket and checked the time. Shoneah and Daeron had only been gone about five minutes ...
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed May 20, 2015 10:54 pm

Eron glanced at Andarien and resisted the urge to sigh at the fact the boy was tuning them out. It was something he really had to teach Andarien, but lacked the skills to teach (this was more of an educational assistant thing than a teacher thing). Whenever the conversation was about Andarien, or something he wasn't interested in, he did tend to half tune people out.

"So Andarien," Eron spoke up trying to get the boy's attention by sitting down on the other side of him, "How are you feeling at the moment?"

He could guess, and he suspected, that Andarien was having... feelings for Shoneah, but didn't realize it.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed May 20, 2015 11:04 pm

Andarien clicked his watch closed and slid it back into his waistcoat pocket.

"I'm mad," he said flatly, folding his arms across his chest and glaring at nothing. "I never get to do anything and now Ada-tol and Shoneah are out there and no one would even listen when I said I wanted to go with. No one ever listens to me."

He kicked at a piece of dirt.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed May 20, 2015 11:30 pm

Eron didn't even bothered to tell Andarien there was a reason why he wasn't going. The boy didn't like his weaknesses pointed out, especially as something as touchy as not being able to go somewhere.

"And why did you want to go?" Eron asked instead gently, "Despite knowing why nearly all of us were not ideal to go, why did you still want to go?"

Though he wasn't going to point out Andarien's weakness, he was going to at least point out that a lot of them had to stay behind. Really the choice to go was only between Dareon and Earendil, and he suspected it was less of race and more that something the two had. In his time with the group, he did have a vague re-collection that both had served in the army to some sort of capacity.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed May 20, 2015 11:42 pm

Andarien rubbed his cheek with his wrist. "Wanted to help," he muttered darkly. "Wanted to protect Shoneah. I have guns now, I can be useful. But no one gives me a chance. And what does it mean to be ideal, anyways? What makes someone better to go than someone else?"

He didn't understand, and that frustrated him almost as much as the fact that he hadn't been allowed to go. Though the most frustrating thing of all was that fact that no one had even seemed to listen to what he had been saying.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu May 21, 2015 12:09 am

"Well... in this case, for this task, they needed people who could blend in," Eron replied slowly, "Yes, Shoneah was chosen mainly on her looks, but your uncle, my understanding is..."

He glanced at Miyuki because she would probably know better being the eldest of the two.

"Had trained at least in the military, and possibly have worked with other people who were from the military. It means that he in personality blends in well with these people who are military by nature. I think your father also has a military background but..."

Eron looked to Miyuki and Miyuki nodded.

"Ada can't hear so well, they might question why someone like him is traveling with such a handicap, or they might wonder where he got it from," Miyuki supplied.

"Yes," Eron agreed, "That is why they were chosen to go instead of say... Mailon disguised as an Earth Elf or even Cael or Lanceriael, or even Kyrie."

He chose people who were probably much better suited to fight their way out than Dareon. Not that Dareon was a bad fighter, but Mailon's background made him terrifying, Kyrie had centuries of experience and Cael and Lancaeriel were strong magic users.

"Even though they are all strong fighters, in some cases probably stronger than Dareon, they don't have the personality or mentality to keep this ruse like the way Dareon has," Eron added ,"And Sliverbirch is use to the kind of discipline and command these people are looking for. She was after all, before coming here, someone who could be the leader of her tribe."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu May 21, 2015 9:49 am

Andarien was able to listen to most of this calmly and reasonably, but Eron's last comment made him feel sick to his stomach. He didn't know why. He clasped his hands over his belly and started rocking back and forth, swallowing hard in an attempt to get rid of the lump that had arisen in his throat.

"I don't feel good," he said hoarsely. Avoiding any eye contact with the others, he pushed himself to his feet and, his arms still around his stomach, headed inside the tent.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu May 21, 2015 9:29 pm

Eron blinked, he knew it was something he said, but he didn't know what it was or why that was the reaction. Actually, no he probably knew why the reaction happened, Andarien wasn't the most... self aware when it came to his own feelings.

"What is that about?" Miyuki asked Eron as she watched Andarien go.

Sighing a bit the daemon stood up and motioned for Miyuki to follow.

"I think he's having trouble with his feelings and Sliverbirch going there isn't helping."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu May 21, 2015 10:07 pm

Only a few hours had passed when Shoneah and Daeron returned. A few of the Pokemon had been keeping watch, and when the two came into view they ran into the tent, yipping to all who would listen that they were on their way back.

Iorlas was sewing in the living room when the Pokemon came in, and she quickly set her work aside and rose to her feet. She was anxious to make sure that her husband was all right.

"Come, Amir!" she exclaimed, reaching out one hand to her son, who was playing in the play room with Kaede.

Amir looked up at her and his eyes filled with fear. He shook his head and put his arms around Kaede's neck.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu May 21, 2015 10:12 pm

"Poor guy..." Lin commented from where she was writing in the living room, "He's like Andarien when he first saw me without my wings."

That had frightened her son far more than when Miyuki stared at Earendil for cutting his hair.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu May 21, 2015 10:18 pm

"Well, hopefully Lancaeriel can have him back to normal soon enough," Iorlas giggled. "I'm going out to meet them. Will you watch Amir for me? Please?"

She was eager to see her husband again and find out how things had gone.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu May 21, 2015 10:30 pm

"Sure," Lin nodded, "How about it Amir? Want to stay with Auntie for a bit?"

She didn't spend a lot of time with Amir, but she was always willing to keep an eye on him.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu May 21, 2015 10:46 pm

Amir looked up at Lin, hugged Kaede closer, and pressed his face into her side. Kaede turned her head and nuzzled his cheek.

Iorlas laughed. "Let him be. Once Daeron is back to normal, I'm sure he'll be fine." With that, she left the tent.

Even as the flap fell closed, Cael and Lancaeriel entered the kitchen from the direction of the bedrooms.

"Did we hear something about they're back?" Cael asked brightly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu May 21, 2015 11:01 pm

Lin chuckled at that, "Yes, they're back. The pokemon have been on the look out, especially Andarien's pokemon."

While Lin didn't know how serious Andarien was (it was always hard to read him since he didn't know himself half the time), she did also suspect that Andarien's feelings for Shoneah was more than just friends...

She wasn't sure how she could help with that seeing as she seriously doubted Andarien knew.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu May 21, 2015 11:12 pm

Lancaeriel peeked into the play room and saw Amir and Kaede snuggling together. She giggled softly. "It looks as though I'd better get Daeron back to normal as soon as possible. I'll be right back."

She left the tent quickly, and Cael laughed. "Poor kid. Though I suppose that perhaps we should have been at least a little worried about them ... I think we're a little too used to dangerous situations, we don't respect them enough anymore."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri May 22, 2015 9:12 pm

"Probably," Lin replied, "But on the other hand, worrying when you really can't go and do anything isn't helpful neither. There's a human idea that worrying or stress gives you gray hair, with the amount of trouble we get into, we would all be gray by now if that was true."

She wasn't sure where the idea came from, but humans did go gray with age, or silver as her grandmother would like to call it.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri May 22, 2015 9:22 pm

"Still, we should have some kind of contingency plan in place, just in case," Cael murmured. "But hopefully we're done with risky situations."

"I wouldn't count on that," Kyrie quipped, catching the tail end of the conversation as she entered the room from the hallway with the work rooms. "They're back?" She looked from Lin to Cael for confirmation.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next