The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quickly Through Quir - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Quickly Through Quir - 119 4A - Page 6 Empty Re: Quickly Through Quir - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:49 pm

"It's Kaede, the little creature that is with Amir," Miyuki explained, "She has control over plants and I'd imagine she wasn't pleased with... Wolf barking at Amir. I know Ai didn't seem all that happy with him earlier."

Which was why she was glad to leave her Pokemon at home. Now, Miyuki wasn't sure how they were going to get that all undone without cutting it, and Miyuki wasn't sure if knew enough to undo what Kaede had done, which wasn't magic at all.

Though how plant Pokemon did that she would never know.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:54 pm

Raina knelt next to the barking dog and pulled a knife from her waist. "Well, it's good to have creatures stand up for themselves," she smiled. "And honestly it's good for Wolf. He needs to practice defending himself, too, not just tracking animals. One of these days he's going to run into something bigger than himself."

She cut away at the grass around one of the dog's paws until the dog was able to pull the paw free.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:54 pm

Miyuki, since she lacked a knife went to un-knot the grass around one of the other paws. Loosing it enough so the dog could get free.

"That is true, but shouldn't it be up to the owner to train Wolf for something like that?" Miyuki asked.

She at least thought so, but after raising Pokemon to fight and defend, this training business just seemed like a common sense thing to do.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:03 pm

"Oh, sure," Raina smiled, freeing another paw, "but Ainion, my brother, he's a firm believer in getting trained wherever and whenever possible. I mean, Wolf's a dog. Any training - for defense, I mean - is good for him."

Wolf managed to chew through the last bit of grass and then ran off into the forest. Raina smiled and sat back on her heels. "Besides, if he can't hold his own against such a small creature as that one, then I don't know if I trust him to protect my children."

She wiped her knife on her pants and slid it back into its hidden sheath, then stood up. "Well, now I need to make sure they're actually washing up. Thank you for your help, Miyuki." She smiled warmly at her. "I look forward to dining with your group tomorrow."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:14 pm

"As do I," Miyuki replied before she parted ways, "See you later!"

She had decided that it was best not to explain without a demostration that Pokemon no matter how small were potentially very dangerous. Though, it was the first time anyone had pointed out about how small the eevee-family was even after evolving. It was true, all of the eevee based creatures were only slightly large than a small dog.

Which Wolf, was not a small dog.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:36 pm

The others were still waiting for Miyuki when she returned to the other side of the tree, and since it was getting dark, Mirania led the way back with her Gift, a light that emitted from her hands and gave them enough light to see by.

Back at the tent, things were quite busy. Daenis was busy preparing supper, and Shoneah for once was helping her out. Of course, with Shoneah helping, it meant that the menu was going to be different from anything they'd ever had before, since Shoneah was teaching Daenis some of her Aquinnashua recipes. Andarien was sitting in the living room and studying one of his journals very closely while Eon and Zeus chased each other around the playroom. Earendil was helping out where he could, though there wasn't much for him to do except to fetch things when asked, and Mailon and Khetal were talking in the hallway that led to the work rooms, leaning against the walls and looking pretty comfortable. Cael, Lancaeriel and Wren were nowhere in sight.

"Oh, hey, welcome back," Earendil greeted them in English as the group entered the tent. "We were wondering when you would return."

There was a soft patter-patter-patter as Xipil skittered off down the corridor to the bedrooms.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:52 pm

"Didn't realize how late it was in the day when we went out," Lin explained with a smile.

Of course Earendil didn't know,because he had retired to his room earlier.

"Went out to meet the rest of Caranthir's family."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:59 pm

"So Lancaeriel told us," Earendil laughed. "Incredible. Who would have thought it?" He grinned at Mirania and Lamruil. "It's a great pleasure to meet Caranthir's family. He's a wonderful man."

"So I've been hearing," Mirania giggled. "Tomorrow the whole family is coming for lunch, so we all look forward to hearing much more about him and how he has been doing for the past several centuries."

"Or anything about him at all," Lamruil added eagerly. "I've never met him, myself, though I've heard a bit about him."

Suddenly Wren came into the kitchen from the direction of the bedrooms, Xipil at her ankles. "There's everyone," she grinned.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:02 pm

"Been waiting for us long?" Miyuki asked.

She wasn't sure how long they were gone.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:14 pm

"A bit over an hour," Wren chuckled. "But when Lancaeriel told us where you'd gone, we all understood why you'd gone. Who wouldn't want to meet Caranthir's family?"

Lamruil chuckled. "Well, this makes it more and more tempting to go see him."

"It does," Mirania giggled. "But we won't get into that now. I know what Thorontur didn't want to say, and he does have a point. We will have to talk about it."

"I do have a request for you, though," Wren smiled, directing her comment towards the two. "If you have room, might I stay with you in your tree tonight? It's something I've wanted to do for years, but we haven't trees this size back home, so we haven't the opportunity."

Lamruil glanced at his wife and smiled. "Well ... we do have an extra bed," he murmured.

"By all means!" Mirania beamed. "We would be happy to have you."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:40 pm

Lin had to admit, that did sound like fun, but she wouldn't want to trouble the two, especially since they only had one extra bed and she had a perfectly good room with Earendil.

Miyuki chuckled at this, "And despite the fact Kaito has little tact, he was being truthful. We wouldn't mind having you both alone. Some of us, just would have rather mention it not in front of your brother."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:54 pm

Lamruil chuckled softly, but Mirania laughed out loud. "Oh, don't worry about Thorontur. He'd rather I go than admit that I'm needed here. So either way, I win. I'm actually rather enjoying seeming him squirm."

Turning to Wren, she grinned. "We've everything you should need, unless you need anything besides pillows and blankets. Just be prepared for a long walk up."

"Oh, I'm set," Wren smiled back, her eyes sparkling brightly. "And excited, I have to admit."

"And I need to talk to some people before they're asleep, so I shall see you at home," Lamruil said with a smile. He leaned over and kissed his wife on the cheek. "Until then."

He waved good night to the others and left the tent.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Once he left, Lin looked back to Mirania, "How about we see if anyone needs any help with dinner."

Miyuki grinned and began to pepper Mirania with questions about food and taste preference. The rest of the night went without incident, as dinner was made, eaten and then everyone turned in for the night.

When lunch time came around the next day, Miyuki said she would help out with that. Mainly it was an excuse to try out some steam bun recipes that was stuffed with meats and sweet egg custards, because she just wanted to see if she could make it work.

Everyone else was getting on with their day, which included exiting the tent to take another flight or take a walk around the area.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:39 pm

For the first time in a long time, Andarien and Shoneah did not spend the day in the forge, but actually went outside to explore a bit. Shoneah was eager to see the forest and the homes in the trees, and it seemed safe enough, especially as compared to Dolerum.

"Miyuki, are you going to come with us?" Andarien asked as he pulled on a jacket. Shoneah was also pulling on a cloak, and while they were doing so, Zeus pounced on Xipil, who twisted around and pinned him to the ground as Eon cleaned his face with one paw.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:07 pm

Miyuki looked up from her work before shaking her head, "I have to keep an eye on the buns. They're going to get steamed instead of baked so it can get a bit tricky."

She had to request from last town they were in for specially made tools so she could steam things easily.

"Go on, by the time you get back there will be some tasty things to eat..."

And cute, since the buns looked like leaves and peaches and hearts because she could shape them like that.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:19 pm

"If you say so," Andarien grinned. "But we're going to have fun!"

"Would you like us to keep an eye out for anything in particular for you?" Shoneah asked Miyuki in a far calmer tone than Andarien. "Food? Plants?"

She knelt down and picked up Xipil, who curled around her neck and blew little puffs of smoke at Zeus from his nostrils.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:27 pm

"If you go to the market, let me know what sort of spices they have," Miyuki requested, "Everything else I can take a look sometime later."

Spices were the most costly thing, and they were the easiest to transport. Not that transporting was an issue for them.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:32 pm

Shoneah smiled at Miyuki. "Sure, not a problem," she agreed. "See you at lunch!"

Andarien held the tent door open for her, and the two of them headed out with their companions.

It was only a few short minutes later that Daenis entered the kitchen. She still hadn't left the tent since entering it the afternoon previous, but it wasn't because of any fear on her part: it was simply that she had been tired and didn't quite feel like exploring yet.

"Hello, Miyuki," she greeted the kitsune warmly. "Are you preparing lunch?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:23 pm

Miyuki nodded with a grin, "Yes, some buns and then some additional things to go with buns."

It took a lot longer to prepare when meats were involved, but it was worth it just to give it a try. Best of all, any leftovers can be stored for later, so Miyuki never felt bad about making a lot.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:36 pm

Daenis smiled. "A simple lunch. It sounds good. Would you like a hand with any of it?"

To be fair it looked as if Miyuki had everything under control, but she offered anyways. She liked to help out when she could, and it wasn't as if there was much else for her to do at the moment. Even if all she could do was keep Miyuki compay, she was happy to do it.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:09 pm

Miyuki chuckled, "Well... maybe a bit less simple, but I keep trying to bring tastes of Gaia back here.... anyways, if you could help me slice some veggies really thinly I'd appreciate it."

She supposed when one said buns, they generally though of dough baked with stuff, not dough stuffed with stuff. Which Miyuki guessed kind of made it a dumpling and not a bun.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:33 pm

"Sure," Daenis agreed cheerfully. She asked Miyuki which vegetables needed slicing, and when she was shown she began to cut them as thinly as she could.

A short while later, Kaede burst in the door, followed almost immediately by Amir, who was giggling like mad. Dolph and Kaya, the children they'd met the day before, were right behind him. All three of them chased Kaede through the kitchen and down the hallway towards the workshops.

"Looks like they're starting to arrive," Daenis laughed as the sound of their laughter got quieter again.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:36 pm

"I wonder if they're going to play in the gardens," Miyuki wondered absently.

She was sure Amir knew the tent like the back of his hand, despite the fact it kept expanding.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:41 pm

"Oh, with Kaede so riled up I hope it's the dojo," Daenis murmured with a smile. "I know I don't ever go into the gardens, but they are so beautiful, and one never knows what Kaede will end up doing. The last time she and Ira were full of energy they all but destroyed the playroom."

She rubbed her cheek absently. "I never did thank Lancaeriel for fixing that up," she mused.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:16 pm

Miyuki chuckled, "You know... it's probably because they have a lot of energy to release, and I don't just mean the fact they're very active. Pokemon are normally creatures that are used in battle, most species anyways, but both Kaede and Ira are purely companions, and considering their parents, they might not be getting enough activity in their day."

And that was saying something since Kaede had to keep up with a little boy.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next