The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quickly Through Quir - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Quickly Through Quir - 119 4A - Page 10 Empty Re: Quickly Through Quir - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:26 pm

"It has been," Lin agreed, "And with the children growing older, it would be nice to touch base with them. So much has changed since we left Caras Galadhon, and we won't see anyone for another several years..."

Which was a long time, even in Gaia time, it would be a good year or two before they saw anyone there again.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:33 pm

"True," Earendil murmured with a smile. "Andarien has really come into his own, and Miyuki is blossoming in everything she does ... and I'm sure they would appreciate some word that we're doing all right. I know Wren talk with her father from time to time, but I don't now how much she tells him or how much news he passes on to the Southland."

Andarien was across the table from his parents, but now he leaned forward eagerly. "You talking about talking to Nako and Neko?" he asked. "Can I talk to them, too? I want to show Neko what I've been making!"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:00 am

"It would be nice to talk to them..." Miyuki agreed thoughtfully.

And she would be interested in knowing the concept behind the mirror. It made her think back about Shiro's problems with opening up a communication channel with Gaia.

Lin nodded in agreement, before adding, "And speaking of news traveling, I wonder if any had traveled to Haven, since Andarien was born after we left...."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:06 am

"Well, we know Kaito used the portal there to fetch Wren from Chansond'eau," Earendil pointed out. "I would hope that they would at least have heard."

"Whoa-ho, heard my name," Kaito piped up, looking up from his breakfast. He looked between the family members. "What you talking about?"

"Talking to people!" Andarien replied brightly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:12 pm

"Earendil suggested we should ask Lancerial for help, to get a mirror to communicate with the family back in the Four Lands. It's been a long time and so much as changed," Lin blinked and then realized, "And.. someone has to tell them about Amir."

Since Amir was now an Aldrich (thanks to Dareon and Iorlas), and Lin knew it would be crime not to tell Earendil's mother.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:22 pm

"Maybe you should ask Daeron and Iorlas if they want to talk to them, too," Kaito pointed out. Then, with a grin, he added, "I just wouldn't do it while the twins are visiting. Things might be a little crazy."

Earendil chuckled. "Mother will be excited."

"You might have to plug your ears when you let Aunt Luthien know about Amir," Kaito grinned cattily. "Anyhow, I'm going out for the morning, I'll see you all later!" And with that, he shoved the last bit of his breakfast in his mouth and headed out of the tent.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:35 pm

Lin blinked as she watched her cousin leave, "I wonder if he's going to climb trees or something..."

It would be something Kaito would do, he was such a thrill seeker.

"There's a lot to share," Miyuki murmured thoughtfully, "The amount of people with us have increased along with the amount of Pokemon... But Kaito is right, not when the twins are here. Later or, even tomorrow."

At this rate, their days were going to be completely busy.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:43 pm

"Well, if we're going to do it, then sooner is better, I think," Earendil smiled. "Truth be told, I've been thinking about it for a while, and I'd rather not put it off any more than necessary."

"Hello?" came a female voice from outside. "We're here!"

"And there's your companion for the morning," Earendil grinned at Miyuki. "Have fun."

Even as he spoke, the young twins burst into the tent, looked around, and made a beeline towards Amir and Iorlas.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:28 pm

"I will," Miyuki winked, "Have fun with the kids."

Finishing off her breakfast, she got up to greet her foraging partner for the day. Grabbing her bag from the floor as she went. For once, her bag was empty, minus a few of her runed ribbons and portable rune-ing equipment. Everything else was packed properly in her room. Allowing her bag to be used to gather things without being difficult to find said things.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:39 pm

It was rather a hectic morning with the children running around, full of energy. Andarien and Shoneah left for the forest again; Wren had retreated to her gardens; and the rest had various tasks that they set about doing, and the day passed. That evening, Earendil and Lin spoke to Lancaeriel and Cael and learned about using a mirror to speak with people, and since it was rather late, they decided not to bother trying until the morning. They didn't want to end up making contct in the middle of the night, after all.

They were able to get a rough idea of time differences from Wren, and Earendil reasoned that the best time to contact his parents would be just before sunrise, when in the Southland the prince and princess would be finishing up breakfast and hopefully returning to their bedchamber before going about their daily activities.

Since it would not be just Earendil and Lin, but Miyuki, Andarien, and Daeron and his family as well, they decided to set up in the play room, where there would be space for all of them. Earendil had been the one chosen to make the initial connection, since he knew best what his parents' bedchamber looked like, which was essential for a proper communication to take place.

"All right, everyone set?" he asked, looking around at everyone who had gathered around. Not everyone would be able to look into the mirror - a pillow-sized mirror that they were borrowing from Wren - at the same time, so they had set it up on a small table and were ready to shift places when necessary.

Andarien grinned at his father. "I'm ready!" he beamed.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:38 pm

Lin nodded, "I think we are."

She paused a bit, thought about it. Glancing over at everyone who was present. Miyuki was sitting with all her Pokemon gathered around her.

"I keep thinking we're forgetting something though..." she admitted.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:58 pm

"Like what?" Daeron asked as Earendil reached forward and touched the mirror. "We're all here. Kids, pets ..."

"Have to wonder if maybe we shouldn't introduce some of the group, too," Iorlas murmured, smiling, "but perhaps we should save that for another time. Family first, after all."

"I'm all for that," Earendil grinned. In the mirror, his parents' bedchamber came into view.

Luthien was sitting in front of the mirror, brushing her hair, and it was clear when she realized what was happening. Her eyes grew wide and her smile grew bright. "Earendil!" she exclaimed. "You-"

Suddenly she cut herself off and blinked.Her expression changed to one of horror. "What ... Earendil ... what happened to you? Your face!" She reached forward to touch him and bit her lip in frustration when all she encountered was the glass of the mirror.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:15 pm

"Ah..." Lin whispered low enough (she hoped) so that Luthien would not hear, "That is what we forgot...."

She was glad not to be in her husband's shoes, because no doubt her mother-in-law would want to know how it happened.

Miyuki slowly leaned back, because she had forgotten that her father had been really injured. Also, this was bound to get him lectured.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:26 pm

Andarien blinked, surprised by his grandmother's tone. His Ada was fine, wasn't he? He was all better ...

Earendil winced. It said something that he had forgotten about his injuries, but of course it would shock his mother. That shouldn't surprise him.

"Uhm ..."

"Ada got tortured because the General in Garnelia tried to make him tell where we were!" Andarien spoke up, trying to be helpful. "But he's all better now!"

Luthien's face paled and her eyes grew wider. "Earendil!" she exclaimed in dismay. "You need to be careful! How could you have let yourself be taken? And why weren't you with the others? I thought you promised me that you would be careful! Look at you ... oh Earendil ..."

Earendil rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly and looked around at the others. It was a bit awkward to be lectured like this by his mother when the rest of his family was watching.

Iorlas cleared her throat to get Lin's attention and gestured towards Amir, then mouthed the words, Point the mirror this way.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:04 am

"Oh! Luthien!" Lin called out reaching over and turning the mirror over to Iorlas, "Iorlas wants to talk to you."

Once she turned the mirror she got out of the way and placed herself beside Earendil. Rubbing his arm in a comforting way, though it was easy to tell she was kind of amused and bemused all the same.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:16 am

Luthien's expression turned curious as Lin turned the mirror, and Earendil smiled at Lin and put one hand on hers gratefully.

"Thanks," he murmured softly. "Though I guess it's good news, in a way, since it means we've all forgotten about it... or at least gotten used to the way things are now."

Meanwhile, Iorlas was grinning at her mother-in-law. She held Amir in her arms, cradling him like a babe. "Hello, Mother," she beamed. "Daeron and I have someone for you to meet."

Luthien's squeal was not quite piercing, but it was loud enough that even Earendil winced.

"Ow," Andarien said, rubbing his ears. "Nako ... that hurt."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat May 02, 2015 9:20 pm

Miyuki's ears flatten against her skull, that was way too loud. Not that she could blame her grandmother, but it was still too loud.

Lin winced and got closer to Earendil, whispering, "Yes, well it has been a long while. Good thing Amir is here."

She chuckled, and hopefully Luthien wouldn't bring up Earendil's condition again.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat May 02, 2015 10:35 pm

"You can say that again," Earendil replied softly, putting one arm around Lin and holding her close.

Iorlas and Daeron took a few minutes to explain to Luthien how they had found Amir and how they had taken him in when they'd learned he would survive. Just as they were finishing up the story, Ruel joined Luthien, and Lythien asked them to put the mirror straight again.

When Earendil and the others could see into the mirror again, Ruel was standing directly behind his wife, his hands on her shoulders, and he was smiling at them.

"Hello, all," he greeted them warmly. "By the Valar, it's good to see you all again! We do get to speak with Aranxia often enough, but without word from you in three years ... well, we didn't know what was going on. You have no idea how glad we are to know you're safe."

Then, after a slight pause, he added, "Earendil ... what happened to you?"

Earendil glanced at Lin and chuckled softly. "Well ... it's a bit of a story, and mine's the less interesting side. Maybe you should ask Lin."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat May 02, 2015 11:07 pm

Lin gave her husband a look, but went ahead and explained anyways. Technically, it was true that his was the less interesting because Earendil had been locked up for most of it.

"It's a long story," Lin told her in-laws.

But she told it to them anyways, though downsizing the fact that she and the children had fought, and that Earendil had been tortured (though hard to leave out the fact he was captured). She did put a more emphasis on the fact a country had been freed and that Lancerial had found her husband completely by chance.

It would have been romantic if it hadn't been so serious.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat May 02, 2015 11:18 pm

Andarien couldn't let the story end without adding his own little bit.

"There's more good stuff that came after that," he spoke up, a bit shyly. "I finally started to learn how really to defend myself ... and then I met Shoneah and she showed me a weapon I can make and use all by myself and it's pretty easy."

"Shoneah?" Luthien repeated. She had a little difficulty with the name, but still managed to pronounce it.

Andarien grinned, his violet eyes lighting up brightly. "Oh, right! You never met her! She's from Gaia like Nana is 'cept she didn't come here on purpose, she came here by accident and we're helping her to get home so she's coming with us! And she helps me in the forge, too! Hey, Neko, can she maybe see your forge before we take her home? 'Cos I think she would like it, probably."

Ruel arched one eyebrow, but he was chuckling softly. "I don't see why not," he agreed.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat May 02, 2015 11:58 pm

Miyuki glanced over at her brother and wondered if he had actually fallen in love and didn't realize it yet.

Lin too was interested how that was the first thing that Andarien talked about, granted he had been spending nearly all his time with Shoneah for quite a while now.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun May 03, 2015 12:05 am

"Are you sure she wouldn't just want to go home as soon as possible?" Luthien asked, leaning forward curiously. "By that time she will have been gone for several years already, won't she?"

Andarien opened his mouth to reply, then stopped himself. He looked confused.

Daeron couldn't help but chuckle. He stepped forward and put a hand on his nephew's shoulder. "Maybe by then she'll figure that she's been gone so long, another hour or so wouldn't matter."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun May 03, 2015 12:32 am

Miyuki nodded, "That's true and the closest portal is in the castle anyways."

So no one would have to go far at least. Though she could see that her brother was already confused.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun May 03, 2015 12:42 am

Luthien giggled. "It is. Don't worry about it, Andarien. I'm sure you won't have to worry about it for a while. Now." She settled back in her chair again and folded her hands on her table. "Tell us what else has been happening."

"Well, we've seen roughly a quarter of the continent," Earendil began. "And quite a collection of friends."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun May 03, 2015 12:52 am

Lin chuckled, "We keep collecting people it seems. Though honestly, I don't know if we would know where to start."

So much had happened, and so many different things had happened. Which was why Lin was writing it down, not just because she knew other people would want to read it too.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next