The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 17 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 32  Next

Go down

Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A - Page 17 Empty Re: Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:34 am

Iorlas' eyes were bright. "Not long," she admitted. "Actually ... I ... I can't even say now for certain, but I'm fairly certain ... almost completely certain ... we weren't going to say anything for a while, not yet, because, well, anything could happen ..."

"But it is exciting, nonetheless," Mirania giggled. "Congratulations."

"Thank you." Iorlas folded her hands in her lap self-consciously, though her eyes were still bright. "But as I was saying ..." She paused and blinked. "What was I saying?"

Mirania laughed. "Talking about Gifts, because the Water Elves have to keep their bloodlines pure in order to keep living where they do."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A - Page 17 Empty Re: Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:54 am

"And you were wondering if the baby would inherit any sort of Gift," Miyuki added, "It's a good question. I can't answer that..."

Since Iorlas and Dareon were such a unique case. The only case that came even close was Elnara and Lore, but Miyuki was sure at the very least their twins inherited something from Lore. Whether or not they got anything from Elnara, she didn't know.

"Still, this is exciting."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:05 am

"It is also a bit nerve-wracking," Iorlas admitted. "I'm glad we're staying here for the season. I'm well aware that by the time we leave here, I'll only be maybe halfway along, but at least I have the chance to get used to being pregnant before we travel again."

"I truly wish I could help you," Mirania said apologetically, "but I've yet to have a child of my own. Lamruil and I are hoping, but ..." She shrugged.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:49 am

Miyuki had to shrug as well, "And I'm not sure what to expect beginning to end. The last time I traveled with anyone who was pregnant was a when I was very little and we didn't have all this."

She motioned to the tent. At least the tent would provide a measure of comfort and safety to mother and child should any mother go into labour on the road. Not to mention between Lancaerial, Cael, Kyrie and Khetal, the mother would be in good hands.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:58 am

"We are rather spoiled, aren't we?" Iorlas smiled.

She still remembered the days when she had first been traveling with the group. It had been fun, but not nearly as comfortable as this.

Just then, Amir came up to them, holding something pale in his hands that was covered with dirt. "Nana," he murmured, "wha's sat?"

Iorlas reached out for the object and cleared the sand away from its surface. "Looks like a shell," she murmured, smiling. "I'm not sure what kind, though ..."

"Oyster!" Mirania grinned, peering over at it.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:13 am

Miyuki looked at it carefully, she had heard of oysters, but she had never seen one before.

"It's quite shiny," she commented.

Not in the same way as metal, but rather it caught the light in such a way that there was a soft rainbow shine to it.

"Where did you find it?"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:30 am

Amir looked at Miyuki in silence, then turned to face his mother again.

Iorlas smiled at him. "Where did you find it?" she asked, repeating Miyuki's question.

Amir pointed to where he had been building his sand castle with Teslin. "There." He took the oyster back from Iorlas, held it in both hands, and blew on it to get rid of more of the sand.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:53 pm

"I wonder if there's anymore...." Miyuki murmured as she got up from where she was sitting.

She knew they were edible, and maybe she was just curious as she went over to where Amir had found it. Honestly, she didn't know how oysters lived, or how one would find and harvest them.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:19 pm

Amir dropped his oyster in Iorlas' lap and ran back to where he had been digging.

"Here!" he told her, squatting down next to a hole in the sand. He stuck one finger in the hole and pushed the sand around. Water seeped into the bottom of the hole, but he kept pushing it aside, and something smooth and gray appeared to one side.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:22 pm

"So there is..." Miyuki murmured.

Her clothes were going to get wet and sandy but she was curious and began to dig. Digging out whatever it was that in the sand.

"I don't think I ever dug for sea creatures before..."

She wondered what other creatures they might find.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:15 pm

Amir was happy to have someone else to dig with, and he went at it enthusiastically. Within a short amount of time, they'd dug up a few more oysters, some empty shells, a crab, and a lot of bugs. After a while, it was time to go inside.

"Mi, how we going to carry?" Amir asked Miyuki, looking at the array of items they'd dug up.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:36 pm

"I'm not quite sure... I think I can carry the oysters in my skirt... but we're not taking the crab...."

She liked crab, but that thing had pincers and she wasn't going to carry it in her skirt. They barely avoided getting nipped by in the first place.

"As much as I'd like to roast it..."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:46 pm

Amir looked up at Miyuki. "No crab?" he asked, frowning. "Why?"

He didn't see a problem with taking the crab. Why not, if they were taking everything else?
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:08 pm

"I don't want to get pinched by it's claws, that can be really nasty," Miyuki explained.

And unlike oysters, it could move, she doubted it would stay in her skirt all that well and she didn't want it crawling up her arm.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:52 pm

Amir stared at Miyuki, then down at the crab. He was silent, but it was clear that he was thinking - there was a slight creased in his little brow. Then he blinked slowly and looked around again.

"Kaede!" he called, spotting the Leafeon nearby.

The Pokemon jumped to her feet and trotted over to Amir. The boy looked at her, looked at the crab, pointed at the crab, looked at Kaede and said, "Grass knot!"

Thick grass sprouted from the sand and wrapped around the crab, hiding it from sight. Once it was secure, Amir knelt down and picked it up with both hands, then held it up to Miyuki triumphantly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:11 am

Miyuki was impressed, she wasn't sure when Amir began to use the proper names for attacks, or maybe his Pokemon taught him. Since Amir was also given the gift of languages since he could talk (when he felt like it).

She smiled, "How about you carry that one in, since you're the one who came up with the idea of how to catch it."

In a way, Amir was the one to catch it. Kaito would be pleased, she was sure he liked crab. Though, Miyuki wasn't sure if there was a sea creature that Kaito didn't like to eat.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:27 am

A smile lit Amir's face, and he clutched the crab to his chest as if he were holding a treasure. He nodded eagerly and turned towards the tent. He burst into a run (what little run he could at his size) and ran towards the tent.

"All set?" Iorlas asked with a smile as Amir approached.

The boy nodded eagerly and held up the grass-wrapped crab.

"Dinner," Mirania grinned. "And I can see Miyuki has something." She tipped her head up and called out, "What do you have there, Miyuki?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:37 am

"More oysters," Miyuki replied once she got closer to the others, "There was quite a number of them. I'm not sure how to prepare oysters, but I'm sure we'll figure something out. Or Kaito knows, he tends to know a lot about preparing water creatures for the table."

Maybe it was a neko thing, but Miyuki also noticed that the only thing Kaito liked as much as sports and sleep, was food.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:48 am

"I suppose we'll find that out," Mirania grinned. She hopped to her feet and held the tent flap for the others, and Amir led the way inside, holding his crab proudly.

Daenis and Lancaeriel were in the kitchen when they entered, already beginning to prepare dinner, and they called out greetings when the others entered the tent.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:29 am

"We found some sea creatures that could be eaten," Miyuki announced, "Well... Amir found them, I just helped with the digging."

In fact, Miyuki would have to clean and get a change of clothes before dinner started. She was also going to have to get a broom and clean up after herself because between her and Amir they were getting sand everywhere.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:58 am

Daenis looked a bit iffy about the shelled creatures, but Lancaeriel's eyes lit up.

"Pity there aren't enough for everyone," she beamed, reaching out to take the oysters from Miyuki, "but most people probably won't like them anyways."

Amir ran up to Lancaeriel and held the grass-wrapped crab to her. "What's this?" she asked, reaching down to take it from him.

He just grinned at her proudly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:20 pm

"We also dug up a crab, but it was Amir who got the idea for Kaede to tie it up," Miyuki explained, "It was fun, digging all that up actually."

Who knew there were so many things living in the sand.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:41 pm

Lancaeriel chuckled softly. "It's been a long time since I've done anything like that. Perhaps, if this is a success tonight, others will be interested in doing some digging."

She brought out a bucket. "They need to be put into water."

Before she could say anything else, Amir plopped his crab straight into the bucket and grabbed the handle with both hands. "I get," he said solemnly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:11 pm

"The water?" Miyuki inquired, "Do you want me to help?"

He seemed really eager to help out with this, or maybe because he was the one who originally found all those critters he wanted to help.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:32 pm

Amir shook his head and held the bucket closer to himself. "Me," he said firmly. He started back towards the door, Kaede just behind him.

"Not too much," Lancaeriel called after him. "Just a little bit, Amir."

Iorlas smiled as Amir headed out of the tent. "He's getting to be independent," she murmured proudly. There was a sparkle in her eye. "Still, I'm just going to step out and make sure nothing happens."

Even with Kaede with him, she was nervous about him going down to the water's edge by himself. She slipped outside just behind her son, leaving Miyuki alone with the others.

"If you'd like to help prepare dinner, you're welcome to help cut up fruit," Lancaeriel offered to Miyuki. "Can't do much else until Amir's back with the water."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 32  Next