The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frolicking Through Friesia (119 4A)

2 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Frolicking Through Friesia (119 4A) - Page 3 Empty Re: Frolicking Through Friesia (119 4A)

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:49 am

It was four more weeks before the group reached the mountains. It was an entire range, and as Kyrie explained to them, it covered almost the entire northern area of the country. They were beautiful mountains, though, as she had promised them. There was no ground showing beneath the snow and ice that covered them, and when the sun shone and reflected off of them, they seemed to glow. And since the sun still was not setting at night, the effect was continuous.

"I can see why you wanted to take us here, Kyrie," Wren murmured with a smile, rubbing her hands together for warmth despite the gloves she was wearing. This far north, even late in the summer, it was below the freezing point, and the only ones unaffected by the cold were Mailon, Daenis, Kyrie (as long as she was bonded with Uruloki), and Amir. "It's beautiful."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Frolicking Through Friesia (119 4A) - Page 3 Empty Re: Frolicking Through Friesia (119 4A)

Post by Kara Winters Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:24 pm

"I'm going to see if Shiro can get a picture," Lin murmured as she went to look for her nephew.

Though knowing him, he probably already did get a picture. She wondered if he had been taking any pictures and if so, of what? Besides whatever forms of life he happened to run across that is. As her feet crunched in the snow, Lin was grateful for her wings, they provided extra warmth because of the insulation of the feathers.

Miyuki was taking time out to make snow things with her Pokemon, since there was always day light to do so and they weren't in dangerous territory so she could without the fear of them being tracked. Snow bunnies were her favourite things to make, even though there weren't really much in the way of plant life to create ears. Suki was having a playing/training session with Yasu and was lobbing small snowballs at her brother.

"Those ribbons are far more dexterous than I give them credit for," Miyuki murmured as she watched the two.

It wasn't so much of a snowball fight as it was like a weird version of shot-put. Suki would throw a snowball and Yasu would spit out flames to shoot it out of the air.

There was too much snow and ice in the way for Eron to do any earth magic with, but he was having fun watching the Pokemon play, even if some of that play bordered along the lines of training.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:36 pm

Shiro was trying to convince Kaito to stick with the group for the moment, but it looked as though Kaito was more interested in going snowboarding somewhere.

"It's sheer ice!" he was pointing out to his twin. "You won't be able to control yourself and you'll break something!"

"How often does anyone get the chance to snowboard in the summer?" Kaito retorted, grinning. "Lighten up, seriously."

He was in the process of pulling his snowboard out of his bag, which was lying at his feet.

Shoneah and Daenis appeared suddenly beside Miyuki, watching as Xipil and Ira joined in the game. Xipil had begun breathing fire lately, and like Yasu he was trying to hit the snowballs with his fiery breath - though with far less accuracy - and Ira was just chasing the snowballs and the melted water droplets that fell to the ground, having fun in his own way.

"But ribbons are dextrous, regardless, aren't they?" Shoneah asked, sitting next to Miyuki.

Daenis sat on the other side of Shoneah, her eyes on the snow bunnies that Miyuki was making. She had never made anything out of snow before, not like that, though she could see the artistic side of it.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:43 pm

"Is Kaito going to do something death defying again?" Lin asked as she reached the brothers.

She overheard some of that conversation and it sounded so Kaito to do that. Really, if he broke something during this trip he would have no one to blame but himself. Then again, Kaito would probably also take that in stride.

Miyuki paused in the middle of a snowball she was making, "They are, it's just... it's still hard to wrap my head around because they're soft and squishy in the way your earlobes or the extra skin of your elbow would be. It's still hard to imagine how easily they manipulate something or even lift and throw something. Granted it's probably her magic that's making it as strong as someone's limb, but it's still kind of hard to wrap one's head around."

Suki was delighted that more people were joining in the fun and yipped over to Ai to join in. Only because Ai could throw more snowballs mentally than Suki could make using her ribbons. Even with all four, she could only make and throw two at a time.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:54 pm

Shiro turned to Lin, and the gleam of his red eyes showed how annoyed he was at the moment.

"Kaito has the idea that he's going to snowboard down these mountains that are sheer ice," he said flatly. "It's a foolhardy idea. You would probably be better off skating than anything."

The ground wasn't icy, but in his opinion it just wasn't safe to snowboard here, as tempting as the mountains were.

Shoneah chuckled. "Is it really harder to wrap your head around those ribbons than it is to wrap your head around the fact that when the protection runes are active on the tent, it's invisible to all except us? Or that it drives people away from us? Or that the tent is the size of a mansion? Or that Uruloki, who at full size seems the size of a mountain, can shrink down to Xipil's size and then join himself to Kyrie?"

She grinned at Miyuki. "There are so many things that we do that are hard to wrap your head around that it seems strange that anything still surprises you."

"Oh, I am not to that point yet," Daenis giggled softly. "I am still amazed by so much. And I do not believe that I have seen everything about the tent, either."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:06 pm

The angel sighed at this, somehow she wasn't at all surprised. Kaito did some foolhardy things when they were children. Granted he had the excuse of being non-verbal so no one knew how intelligent he was in the first place. Which made her wonder absently what did he think back when they were children?

"And you know you're not going to be able to talk him out of it. He's done as many crazy things in the past," Lin pointed out, "Though I do admit, I wouldn't want to be skiing on that... or snowboarding for that matter."

Miyuki set the snowball down, only because it was melting and making her hands went and cold. She had to admit, Shoneah had a good point about that.

"I guess I don't think about it because I've seen shapeshifters and things that aren't really tattoos," Miyuki laughed at a bit, "I'm a bit of a shapeshifter myself so I don't think about it that much. As for the runes, well I've spent most of my study in magic learning just that. So after a while I don't think much of it..."

Really she was use to all of that, so it never occurred to Miyuki to think differently on it.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:22 pm

"Well, I never asked anyone to come with me," Kaito retorted. He hefted his board with both hands and started towards the nearest mountain. "I'll be back," he promised. "Even if something happens, I can fly back."

And he headed off.

Shiro sighed heavily and watched Kaito walk away, and after a moment he turned to Lin. "Sorry. Were you looking for me for something?" he asked, trying, perhaps a little to hard, to sound light-hearted.

Shoneah grinned. "Then you should get used to this eventually."

Daenis reached out to pick up the snowball that Miyuki had set down, and in her hands, not only did it stop melting, but it actually began to freeze solid. She ran her fingers over it lightly, shaping it bemusedly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:40 am

"It has occurred to me down rather than earlier that I never asked if you took any pictures or can take any pictures of our trip. I know you log the different plants and things as we've been going along..." Lin trailed off and then motioned to a particularly nice view of the sun and mountains, "And I thought maybe a picture of this for back home would be nice. Mom and Dad would like it... and so would Trisha and Serenity now that I think about it."

Since those two were the artists in the family, and a lot of what they see would be good inspiration.

Miyuki laughed, "Yes, yes I should."

Looking over at Daenis, she watched as the other girl began to shape it. Maybe it had to do with her connection to snow, but Daenis seemed to have a very easy time of shaping it.

"What to build something out of snow?" she asked Daenis curiously.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:46 am

Shiro turned to look at the mountains again. "You have a good point," he admitted. "Kaa-san would probably enjoy it, too. I know she's not big on snow and cold, but she does like a good landscape."

He paused and looked around. "But ... I think I'll leave my tablet put away until after we've got the tent put up," he decided. "At the moment, if something were to come up, I'd like a bit safer place to put it than simply on the ground." He smiled at Lin. "It seems most of the others are busy with things, shall we put the tent up?"

And indeed, the others were busy. While Eron was watching the Pokemon, and Miyuki, Shoneah and Daenis were in conversation, most of the others were either enjoying the scenery or playing with their pets. Even Amir was chasing Kaede around and giggling happily.

Daenis tilted her head slightly and looked at Miyuki curiously. "Make something?" she repeated. "Like what you were doing?"

She had seen Miyuki's attempt at a snow bunny, though she wasn't quite able to recognize what it was supposed to be (probably because of the lack of ears on it), and she had wondered if it would be fun to make something herself. She had the ability, she knew, but she had never used it, and so she didn't know.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:34 am

"Sure, since everyone is either enjoying the view or playing in the snow," Lin had to chuckle at the sight.

Amir was being especially cute while playing with Kaede. At least everyone else was doing something safer than snowboarding on icy snow.

"The snow bunnies? Yea, we can also make snow people by stacking snowballs onto each other," Miyuki motioned, "Or if you're really good you can take a bunch of snow, make a pillar out of it and then shape it into something more detailed."

She made motions with her hands, it had been a while since Miyuki had played in snow like this, but she did have a few fuzzy memories of when she did.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:45 am

Shiro followed Lin's gaze and smiled; and then he went to get the tent to set it up with Lin.

Daenis looked at Miyuki thoughtfully, and then at the snow bunnies she had been making. She wasn't really a bunny person, but it did give her an idea. She waved her hand in front of her, and a pile of snow appeared. Immediately, she began shaping it. She gave it a plump body, a big, fluffy tail, and a ruff around its neck. It had a cute round head, and she even managed (magically of course) to give it two long ears.

"There!" she beamed when she had finished. "What do you think?"

While not perfect, it was recognizably an Eevee.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:57 pm

While Lin and Shiro were putting up the tent, Miyuki was watching with interest in what Daenis was making. Certainly it seemed like she had an easier time of it than most other people would be.

"It's so cute!" Miyuki grinned, "A snow eevee!"

While she was talking about this the other eevee (which she still had to think of a name for) popped up behind the girls to take a look at the thing that looked a lot like it. Pawing at the snow curiously.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:11 pm

Daenis giggled softly. "Perhaps we should make the entire family," she suggested, her eyes bright. "Would not that be fun?"

Suddenly Ira ran up behind the unnamed Eevee and pounced on it, sending both of them tumbling. He squealed with giggles and ran towards Daenis to hide from his brother again.

Shoneah laughed. "They're just too cute!" Even if it seemed they were always doing similar things, they were adorable to watch.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:00 pm

Miyuki giggled, "They're always cute."

It didn't help that the eevee decided to continue with the game and tried to run around Daenis to tackle his brother back.

"And I really need to come up with a name for the little guy," she sighed, "I haven't even talked training plans with Andarien yet."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:04 pm

"Well, considering Shiro and your mother are setting up the tent," Shoneah commented, looking around, "I have the feeling we may be here a while. You've plenty of time if you want to talk to Andarien."

But it seemed that before Miyuki would have that opportunity, they would have a different conversation. Daeron was approaching the group of girls, Amir in his arms, and Kaede was running alongside them.

"Sorry to interrupt your fun," he apologized when he was close enough, "but have you seen Iorlas? She's disappeared and I don't even know when she went, let alone where."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:19 pm

"She's not here?" Miyuki asked before paying attention to her surroundings.

She couldn't spot Kaito neither, but she assumed Kaito went off to do sport things, since that would be so like him. It wasn't like there was a lot in the way to obscure one's vision, so she would have thought her aunt would be easy to spot unless she went somewhere.

"I haven't, but I can't imagine where she could have gone to on her own...."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:26 pm

"Neither can I," Daeron said worriedly. "She was watching Amir while I went to ask Kyrie about what her plans were for us while we're out here, and when I came back, she was gone and Amir was on his own."

He looked down at the boy in his arms. Amir was cuddled against Daeron's chest, his thumb in his mouth, and his eyes were wide, his brow furrowed, and tears were trickling down his cheek.

Shoneah frowned. "Did you try looking for her footprints?" she asked him.

"Of course," Daeron said immediately. "But there weren't any."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:31 pm

"Did Kaede see anything?" Miyuki asked.

Since she knew Amir wasn't talking yet (as far as she knew). The only living being who could say then was the Leafeon. It was highly unlike Iorlas to just leave Amir, she was perhaps more overprotective than Dareon.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:36 pm

Kaede bounded forward and launched into an defensively excited explanation about how she had been focused on Amir and playing with him and that she hadn't expected to have to keep an eye on the adults too and so of course she didn't notice anything because the grownups just did what they were going to do and it really didn't matter to her what they did.

At that point, Daeron cut her off.

"So it seems like nothing bad happened, at least nothing noticeable," he said, his brow furrowed worriedly, "but at the same time I can't see her just ... walking away."

"Well, there has to be tracks," Shoneah said insistently. "No one can do anything without leaving some kind of hint as to what they did." She rose to her feet and whistled for Xipil, and the dragon left off his playing and bounded over to her. He clambered up onto her shoulder, and once he was safely there, Shoneah turned to Daeron and said, "Take me to where they were."

Daeron nodded and started leading her.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:10 am

"I guess we should follow in case anything did happen," Miyuki murmured as she called out to recall her Pokemon to her.

She couldn't imagine them getting into trouble all the way out here, but she also couldn't imagine Iorlas just wandering off.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:14 am

Daenis agreed with Miyuki. Even if she couldn't do anything to help, she wanted to make sure that Iorlas was all right. She still didn't know the woman well at all, but she knew that Iorlas was kind and thoughtful of others, just as Daenis wished to be; and that alone was reason enough to be anxious for her wellbeing.

"Here," Daeron said, coming to a stop where he had left Iorlas and Amir together. "This is where I left them. And I swear, I was only gone a few minutes!"

Without waiting for any more explanation, Shoneah knelt and examined the ground. There was a reason her tribe had chosen her as the next Grandmaster, and it would not be false pride for her to say that she was the best at it of anyone she knew. Despite this, however, even she was hard pressed for an explanation.

"I don't understand," she frowned at last. "No one can vanish this thoroughly."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:17 am

Miyuki rubbed her forehead a bit, "So no tracks... she couldn't have gone far..."

The kitsune paused and then thought of something. Closing her eyes, she took a deep breath and let her magic branch out. She was (and should be) familiar enough with Iorlas magical signature to at least sense her. Though Miyuki didn't sense her close by otherwise she would have just pointed in a direction earlier.

Spreading her magic out did give her some range but it all depended if she could find that signature in the first place. It was a skill well developed but it was her first time using it like this.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:20 am

Iorlas' signature was nowhere to be found, but instead there was a different signature, one so strong and so big that it seemed like a mountain itself. To those with the ability to sense magic and signatures, it would be like a bonfire in a moonless night: impossible to miss, and painful to look at.

It came from deeper in the mountains, almost due north of where the travelers were at the moment.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:28 am

"Okay... that is weird..."

Miyuki opened her eyes, blinked, rubbed her forehead (because that signature gave her a headache) and then looked to the direction it had been coming from.

"And oww...."

Ai pawed at her mistress wondering what had happened. The only other time Miyuki had been like that was when she experimenting with magic sensing with her teacher in the same room. That had also been kind of painful.

"So.. I can't sense Auntie Iorlas, but there's something north of us in the mountains," Miyuki told the group, "But I honestly can't sense her."

She wondered if she should go get her teacher, not only did Lancerial had a larger range but Miyuki was sure she used something other than magic as a marker.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:32 am

"What kind of something?" Daeron asked quickly, holding Amir more tightly. "Is it something dangerous? Does it have anything to do with Iorlas? Is that the direction she's gone?"

There was panic in his voice, and desperation, too.

"Give her a chance to answer," Shoneah pointed out logically. "Besides, she already said she couldn't sense Iorlas."

Daenis was looking at the mountains in silence. She had no idea what it might be. She had never been there before, after all.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next